Fire Wire Stainless Steel Flexible Grilling Skewers – 6 Pack

In my experience, flexible skewers have never lived up to much. They’ll skewer meat and soft vegetation (peppers, cucumbers) but anything hard (sweet potatoes, pearl onions) wont skewer correctly because the skewers will bend.

Ok, I grill my eastern style kebabs without the grilling grates, right over the hot charcoals. This type of grill:

http://www.marsig.ee/English%20version%20Marsig%20webpage/Saslokivann_small1.jpg

So… are these sturdy enough to hold the meat over large open space without flexing in? Can I turn them reliably?

I wonder if I could modify these to help with getting turkeys out of the backyard fryer…

Why? Because you want your food to look the same shape going in as the shape it comes out?

That looks like one tasty kebaberpillar.

the video on their website shows that there’s a section that dangles out of the grill (for the purpose of picking them up with bare hands). So… yes. They’re pretty darn long and only a short section is actually used for the food.

here they are in action:

Can you freeze them?

Stupidist thing I’ve seen on Woot.

Coat hangers (which you can get for free) would do just as good a job.

Sheesh ! !

Put up something that someone would actually want to buy.

Save this for a 10 minute Woot off.

They were on HSN. Here’s a link to the page with video. 4 for $20 over there.

HSN

One of the Amazon reviewers also said something to this effect: all the positive Amazon reviews for this product sounded a bit too “on message.” Beware the abundance of stars.

So I’ve never skewered anything before… but I’m kinda confused on the fact that I thought you would grab it from the loop end. Why would you grab it from the pointed end?

Website with video Firewire Website

Wow - Seems that most all of the reviews on Amazon are shill-o-matics. Not sold… yet.

If you grab the loop, your food slips back off the pointy side.

So the food doesn’t slide off the pointy end.

Wouldn’t these be difficult to turn over your kabobs to cook the other side? Too floppy?

Just go to the 99 cent store and buy the wooden sticks. Like your party guests will know to save them for you to clean them up and use them again.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Alright, I just thought that little lip on the skewering side would be enough to hold it on.

“the pointed end stays cool…” while dangling a foot out of the grill, but still is tainted with e-coli after stabbing through raw meat and not being heated at all…