Fire Wire Stainless Steel Flexible Grilling Skewers – 6 Pack

Anyone thinking that the Amazon.com deal is better for $12.70 (need to get to $25 for free shipping), know that it is a 2 pack. w00t is a 6 pack, so for $15 ($20 shipped) you are getting 3x as many.

No. The “dishwasher safe” portion of the description means that they will dissolve completely in the dishwasher, saving you space in the trash.

Perfect for grilling out and having a beer on Cinco De Mayo…next year, of course :slight_smile:

Will the skewered items spin on these? Is there enough friction to keep the food relatively in place when flipping?

Perfect for shish kabob!

Oh these aren’t just good for chicken kabobs… they’re good for steak, shrimp, vegetable, or tofu !! (if you like that sort of thing)

Plus how can you not like these things, it’s like a a plate full of delicious food snakes, readily waiting to slither up to your palate, and have have you indulge in hot off the BBQ goodness. Awesome item.

My friend, with an entry cost of 15 bones… I don’t really care if it lasts beyond one season. Ill bet that you’ll spend that much at least once on a single steak this season. So I submit to you, lasting beyond the summer is a non issue for me.

nope, they’re edible.

I think “Skewer tips stay cool to the touch” says it all.

Something’s wrong here… The pointed end is the end that gets poked through the raw food when you’re stringing it on the skewer, right? But then you’re supposed to leave the pointed end hanging off the end of grill, so it stays cool enough to handle. So, it seems to me that when I pull cooked food off the skewer I’d be pulling it over the cool bacteria and germ ridden part of the skewer.

Perhaps a simple solution would be to simply torch the pointed ends briefly with a hand held torch to kill any germs and THEN leave the ends hanging off the end of the grill.

I said to myself, why would grilling skewers be listed as fire wire unless the wise thinkers at woot know what’s coming. There will be a ton of questions like 'Will this work with a Mac, Win 7 and lots more spec questions lol.

The reason is, that’s the brand name; Fire Wire.

I have a rotissiere for my grill that I can do my kabobs on, I don’t need this woot. Unless they’re top of the line skewers, (well they are stainless steel which is a good thing) the price isn’t anything exciting for me.

Have a blast answering the same questions repeatedly. :wink: I’m logging out.

btw: They sell for $25 on Amazon.

I’ve seen these up a few times now but never really considered purchasing some until now (I’ve been doing some more grilling lately). Do these come with any good recipes and/or does the website have any good ones. Otherwise does anyone know where anyone can find good recipes for skewers.

Poo on me for not reading the description.

I guess you could call me a quality post whore.

How could you possibly turn the food on the grill with these??

I’ve never used these before, but after considering them at one of previous offerings have to say I’d never buy them because:

1. They won’t work on eastern style “mangal” grill (no net below, meat stretched over hot charcoals).

2. Even if I was to grill on a net - despite what demos show, I don’t think in real world they turn over well. They are thin and round, so meat will likely spin around freely on one. Flat stainless steel skewers are much better!

3. I’m worried about compatibility issue. I’m yet to see a grill with firewire port anyway. Or USB for that matter.

The product has additional photos and a lady is grabbing it right off the grill. The product description also says no additional utensils are necessary. However, she could be grimacing in pain…

True, but that’s if you dangle them off the edge of your grill. Seems a little awkward. The demo video by HarryBeanBag is very helpful, and they look too awkward for my tastes.

Just pick up the pointed end with your tongs or mitts. The food can’t slip off the other end, because there’s a loop (look at the picture). If you leave the points hanging off your grill like suggested, they stay cool to the touch and you can just pick them up with your bare hand. Although I wouldn’t do this, for fear of contamination. Slipping raw meat over the points, then cooked meat back over them without getting them hot creates a salmonella hazard.

Pretty interesting description of a lifetime warranty though. Straight off the website,

“Fire Wire® is warranted against failure for the lifetime of the product.
If in the unlikely event Fire Wire® were to ever fail to work as designed we
will replace it. To claim your replacement Fire Wire® just send us the defective
unit and we will send you a new one.”

http://firewiregrilling.com/useandCare3.php