First Alert ONELink Talking Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector – 2 Pack

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New First Alert ONELink Talking Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector - 2 Pack, for $79.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 2x First Alert ONELink SCO501CN Talking Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector

[list][]Manual price comparator for First Alert ONELink Talking Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector - 2 Pack
[
]Single-click comparison for this product[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Advanced e-mail and SMS alerts on the WooToolbox - The Toolbox for Wooters!

Froogled

Not expensive, 2 pack!

Sazze Reviews

I’ve heard lots and lots of great things about the effectiveness of these talking alert systems. It was all over the news features a few months back, i think.

$80? I don’t have that kind of money. I rather die in my sleep from the smoke then get burned alive crying.

Nice Christmas gift.

When the batteries are running low and you get that random chirping going on, will the unit tell you which one it is?

Considering that Walmart is selling a single unit for $74.97, I’d say that this is actually a pretty great deal.

Half price!

Amazon has them for the same price w/ free shipping. Not exact model, though.
First Alert SC07CN Battery Operated Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Voice Location (May 2, 2007)
Buy new: $39.99
36 Used & new from $27.99
Get it by Wednesday, Nov 26 if you order in the next 17 hours and choose one-day shipping.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

Hey - we almost didn’t wake up one day due to the heater going wonky and churning out lots of CO.

My mom made us go to school (and herself work) even though we all felt bad and like staying in and just sleeping - turns out that was the CO talking !

Afterwards the heater repair guy gave us this little stick on color changing doohickey that was supposed to change color when there was alot of CO in the air, that we stuck next to the burgler alarm panel (which was in the hall across from the furnace) but I don’t honestly know what good it would have done if we’d been asleep.

If you have gas heat / etc you should have some kind of CO detection. It might just save your life.

talking smoke detector ???!?!?!?!?!

Attention attention! You are on Fire ! You’re gonna die! Get your fat @ss out of the house!

LOL

I used to live in a house that had these – I’m sure they work fine (there were no carbon monoxide incidents to speak of), but I will share that the “low battery warning” is also vocalized, and very loudly. God forbid you are forewarned of a low battery, as I was, at 2am. Let’s just say daddy maglite and I came storming out of bed, expecting an intruder with a megaphone!

I’m curious what it says.

“RUN AWAY! OH GOD, NO!”

Huh. What is the difference between the woot models (SCO501CN) and these on Amazon for exactly the same price, but a slightly different model (SA501CN2)? Anyone know?
http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-SA501CN2-Wireless-Operated/dp/B000FBQC1K/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i

The problem that I see with a unit like this is that I’ve always been told that while smoke detectors should be up by the ceiling, since smoke rises, CO tends to be about the same mass as everything else in the air, so isn’t inclined to rise. As such, you should have your CO detector mounted at about the level of your bed, since CO is most likely gonna kill you in your sleep, so the CO content of the air at THAT level is what is going to determine if you’re gonna die.

if the warning voice thing was programmable, i would think about it. hearing arnold scream “get out!!” would be priceless.

They use AA batteries - much cheaper in use than 9V other smoke alarms uses.

Actually, never mind. I see the answer to my own question. The woot models talk and give you the location of the alert, whereas the Amazon ones at this same price point just beep.

Hm. This might be a pretty good deal. I’ll have to think about this.

The SA is a Smoke Alarm ONLY!!!
The SC is a Smoke Carbon Monoxide Combination alarm!

Well if you only have two, I don’ think you really need the voice thingy. If you have one in your bedroom, and one in the basement and the alarm goes off and you aren’t cooking alive then it’s obviously in the basement. And if it’s CO, you’d shut off the main line first anyways. So…