First Alert ONELINK Wireless Smoke Alarm 2-Pack

$62.50 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBQC1K/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

IMHO it would be better to get a combo carbon monoxide smoke detector then just a smoke alarm.

setting off the smoke alarms means only one thing here… I am cooking dinner

this is twice i’ve now said
“came here to say this”

I think woot is at war today with the trackers.

These are good for multi-level houses. Smoke in the basement? The 2nd one will alert you upstairs!

PLEASE FIX UR SERVERS!!! When a item sell’s out, your server crashes! When I refresh, your server crashes! FIX IT, a new server can be had for probably $20k, that’s chump change to many companies.

it would be awesome if woot stopped hosting their website out of thier momma’s basement.

I can’t wait until this one sells out :confused:

Nope. Most smoke detectors are wired directly into your home.

Some require wired connections to activate all other units when one detects smoke. These do not. I just wonder what the wireless range is. Would it reach my storage building?

I have 5 wired detectors already linked, can I replace one of my wired ones with one of these and then put the other in the garage to be linked wirelessly?

NO, only the “after thought”

Not if they are hardwired into the electrical systems in your house. When we bought our house it came with hardwired smoke detectors.

No. Some are hard wired to a home’s security system. These use a wireless connection so that if one goes off, they both go off.

lol! i waited through 2 site crashes get first in on that!

No. They can be hardwired into your home, and connected to each other. The one going off downstairs will set off the one upstairs, without the smoke having to travel upstairs. Or vice versa.

Yes, this site keeps crashing.

Maybe because so many people are here for one specific item and they constantly hit f5

and a decent server would cost much more than 20k.

why, so the servers can crash again?