First Alert ONELINK Wireless Smoke Alarm - 2 Pack

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

First Alert ONELINK Wireless Smoke Alarm - 2 Pack
$39.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product site:http://firstalert.com//

Amazon it. Do it.

First Alert Escape Ladder

Oh great, now I’d have to run through my house beating all the smoke alarms with a bat, not just the one that started the false alarm?

These taste amazing, although they are a little smokey. They pair well with the 2005 Merlot, Truman King’s Vineyard, Sonoma Valley which is being offered in the 12 pack on http://wine.woot.com/ and a little bit of sharp cheddar.

Oh yeah, they also detect smoke if that steak you are cooking to eat with it as well happens to be overcooked.

Fire Marshall Bill says buy these

Booooo for not being lithium battery powered smoke alarms!!! Would actually be a good deal if they were maintenance free lithium battery powered… (Cruises on over to homedepot.comhttp://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202433885/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)

according to the First alert web site, this a BOGO free.

The only thing that worries me about these is the wireless feature. How do I know it won’t interfere with my wireless internet or vice versa? Even my ceiling fan has a wireless controller and every now and then, the light will automagically come on.

In case anyone wonders…this is NOT the talking version that Woot had back in 2009. That one was the model SA511, not the SA501.

Darn, and I was hoping to pick up more and expand my home network. Of talking smoke alarms, that is.

If nothing else, let today’s offering serve as a reminder for everyone to check the batteries in the detectors in their homes right now.

I recently volunteered with the base fire marshal to check detectors in family housing… still in disbelief about how many people either removed the batteries or tore the units off the ceiling after they set off the alarm. Holy hell, people, why stop with the house? You might as well disable your airbags and seatbelts, too.

I bought these about a year ago on Woot! I think they’re a great deal and I would recommend them The only problem is that I am (uhem) a little dangerous in the kitchen and when it goes off it says “Danger…Smoke in Kitchen! Danger.” Really it sounds an awful lot like “Robot” from Lost In Space. I kind of like it, nostalgia and all that…but I’m not sure the neighbors do…

These are the best and number 1. I wouldn’t trust my families safety with any other brand.

Google search: “smoke detectors” and you will see…

Still haven’t gotten these to work,from the last time they were offered. Read web, watched video a bazillion times. They start going off as soon as they read each other!

Heh, I don’t know that that’s fair. It’s not like your air bags deploy every time you start your car, or the engine gets a little overheated.

more like 9-volt battery slowly drainer. If you want to slowly drain your 9v batteries then buy this circle.

See my post above…it’s not the same model that talks. That one was the SA511.

doesn’t this make it so you can’t tell where the fire is? Sounds unsafe.