First Alert ONELINK Wireless Smoke Alarm - 2 Pack

DO NOT PAINT? Too bad they felt the need to print so much on it…these really are ugly…marginally better looking than my charred corpse…but ugly!

They operate at 915Mhz, so your Wifi (802.11) links will be fine. No guarantees on cordless phones or other wireless technologies, except that I assume these don’t transmit much (any?) data at all when your house is not on fire.

Actually it will send you an snitch-mail if your wireless internet is following up on it’s vice of smoking out behind the server farm … again.
That’s what they’re for!

If my airbags went off every time I tried to make toast I sure as heck wouldn’t replace those things either. Now I just need to find a center console mounted toaster to find out.
How bad (or good) are these with regard to stup1d false alarms? I have a couple of different brands and one is a combination carbon monoxide and smoke detector (Kidde talking wired+battery+interconnectable smoke/CO detector). That one immediately went nuts with both carbon monoxide and fire alarms when I used toilet bowl cleaner to clean the toilet in the bathroom off the hallway where the detector is mounted. I don’t know what’s in Lysol toilet bowl cleaner but I’m almost 100% positive that it’s not a fire nor does it release carbon monoxide. Worked around the problem by switching cleaner brands.

Did you know you’re supposed to replace your smoke alarms every 10 years?

How old are yours? I just replaced all the ones in my house. ( wired, not wireless )

I have similar First Alert smoke detectors and the one time I set it off with smoke the one in the kitchen beeped first for about 10 or 15 seconds and then the detectors in the living room and bedroom started going off. I’m assuming that will happen all the time and give you a short while to figure out where the “fire” has started.

I never figured aesthetic design was important to people in regards to a smoke alarm.

Oh great… so when my husband burns a bag of popcorn in the microwave at 11pm at night we can all be startled awake and have momentary panic until we smell the wretched stench of burnt Reddenbacher as the piercing sounds of the alarms resonate throughout the house.

/in for 2

EDIT: MY REVIEW IS BASED ON THE TALKING MODEL. THIS MODEL DOES NOT TALK. AS SUCH, THESE WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE THE SMOKE IS. AND IT USES A REGULAR SIREN, NOT A VOICE. HOWEVER, THE LINKAGE IS AN IMPORTANT FEATURE BECAUSE YOU’D KNOW ABOUT A FIRE IN THE BASEMENT WHILE SLEEPING WITH THE DOOR CLOSED IN THE 2ND FLOOR BEDROOM.

ASIDE FROM THE INFORMATIVE VOICE FEATURE, THE REST OF THE BELOW REVIEW IS VALID.

==========

We have the model with smoke detection and CO detection and have been very impressed. First, the photoelectric detector really is less prone to kitchen false alarms than ionization sensors. Secondly, the 2 AA batteries lasts as long as the 9V batteries used in most detectors but cost MUCH less. And because we have 2 apartments in the same building, knowing about a remote fire is important. The voice alarm is loud and clear, and one study showed that voices are more effective than sirens for waking children (probably because they’ve gotten used to sirens from watching TV and playing video games).

This goes with today’s Sellout deal… PEARL Permanent Escape and Rescue Ladder.

Thanks… with my luck the wireless signal from the ceiling fan will trigger the smoke alarms which will then screw with my security system which will automatically dial the fire department. Hopefully something will also send a signal to raise my garage doors so the fire department won’t have to break down my front door to see there’s no real fire.

Except these take 2 AA Batteries, not 9 volt batteries.

Interesting

Thanks!

Mine started beeping about a year ago, so I took the batteries out and that was that.

Kicker? I work at a local FD, so I’m safe.

What you really need to get is something I had no idea about when I went looking for detectors. They are “Dual Ionization and Photoelectric Sensor Smoke Alarms” They are made so that one detects smoldering fires and the other detects fast flash fires. They cost a little more but I have a bunch in my house. Kiddie is my go to.

yo u want my airbags? i hear extas make you safer! for you my friend I give good price…

Quick! Before Nightghost gets here! The Product Manual!

Useful for speed dating. You will know who brings the FIYAAH!

…also, whom has problems with carcenoma/emphysema…

[… immediately went nuts with both carbon monoxide and fire alarms when I used toilet bowl cleaner to clean the toilet in the bathroom off the hallway where the detector is mounted. …
[/quote]

Perhaps the problem was other stuff you put in the toilet? Perhaps you eat too much Mexican?

Great - so you are cooking bacon for your breakfast and it gets pretty smoky. The smoke alarm in the hall goes off and suddenly the whole friggin house is going off, like some tea party psychos are about to breach.