FishFinder Plus Vision System

Just received unit
Display doesn’t work

I have had basically no luck contacting woot CS in past.
Either no response, junk response (fontignac pot - just got a reply saying it was as described nothing else after I received and said it wasn’t) or offer to refund a unit (pet ramp) if I paid to ship it back which costs about cost of unit or get $5 credit. which never happened.
And the we have no more to replace with when they are currently selling the same thing - for various items.
this over multiple accounts.

Hi there. I gave you s full answer over in world of woot. You do need to contact cs to log the issue. We are not cs here.

Any others with better luck?

This is a discontinued by the manufacturer, but hopefully the ones here are new and working units.

The woot listing is sparse on the details, so here are the specs from the operating manual:
Power Supply: 4 AA 1.5 volt batteries
Estimated Battery Life: 3 hours of continuous use; actual battery life will vary depending on the
intensity of the optical cable LEDs
Weight (handheld unit only): 0.5 kg (1.2 lb)
Dimensions:
Length: 260 mm (10.2")
Width: 105 mm (4.1")
Height: 44 mm (1.7")
Display:
Resolution: 480 RGB x 240
Screen Type: 2.45" TFT LCD
Captured Resolution: 720 x 480
Image Storage Capacity: 2000 (download images on a regular basis for optimal unit
performance)
Computer Interface: Mini USB
Operating Conditions (handheld unit only):
Temperature: 5 °C to 45 °C (41 °F to 113 °F)
Relative Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
Storage Temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)

Has anyone else received and tested these yet?
I was emailed an RMA label though I’m leary of ordering another one.

Received mine, and it appears to be working okay- Resolution of the image on the screen is okay but not too impressive. Transferred a few of the picture capture files to the PC, and while the resolution is 720 x 480, the focus is fairly close range (set for 1 to 12" according to the manual), so any pictures beyond a few inches are out of focus.
It’s pretty sharp provided you stay within inches of the subject.
Point it out towards the room, and while things are identifiable, they look fuzzy and out of focus.
I guess if there were a pressing need to view a room with it, it could use glasses to correct its nearsightedness. Might be easy enough to rig up a small lens to attach to the tip.
Looks well made; batteries were Energizers, and were a very tight fit in the compartment, had to really push hard to get them in place.
Nice carrying case to keep it together with the accessories.

Fiber optic cable is rugged, pretty heavy compared with a different one I had before by Whistler.
Overall a good deal from Woot.

Updated post above-

Also recieved mine, I will second more or less what Wooters!! said, focusing mainly on that Overall it is a good deal from Woot*. Plus a decent mfg waranty to boot, somthing that’s becoming harder to find with the junk on woot.

*(provided you don’t get a DOA lemon, though mine was fine!)