Fishing for Tablets, Convertibles & More!!

Grabbed one of the Dell Venue 11 Pro’s last time. Pretty decent performance, but it’s one of those computers that you’re always going to have to mess with. The voltage regulator gets ‘stuck’ sometimes, locking the computer at a really low clock speed, and causing the computer to crawl. The power via USB is a disaster; it needs to be constantly jiggled with to charge, and there has been multiple times the battery has drained faster than charged. Yes, that’s right, the laptop shut off due to lack of power while PLUGGED IN.

It doesn’t do these things all the time, but it absolutely kills the value if you need it for any sort of real work load. If you need something for the couch and the occasional trip, this is great. But I had to use it as a primary work computer for a bit (5 days a week, ~7 hours/day), and I don’t think I made it 2 weeks before going to my old laptop.

Grabbed one of the Lenovo Twists last week for a bit more $$. So far I am quite happy with it, and surprised with how not-bad Windows 8.1 is on a convertible (been using OSX and Linux for many years).

Does the transformer come with Office home and Student? The version on Amazon does…

It will depend on whether the previous owner/user activated the license. We advertise it as not having it.

Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 10.1" Tablet, Multi-Touch + Digitizer Pen, Intel Atom Z2760 Dual-Core 1.8GHz, 2GB Memory, 64GB Internal Storage, 802.11n, Bluetooth, Win8Pro 32-bit

$329 on Woot.
$304 on Amazon.

You do the math. Woot obviously didn’t.

We often do not price comp against Amazon Marketplace (3rd party sellers).

However, we’ve lowered the cost on this one to $299.

Same model Lenovo Miix-2 is available on Lenovo 's website for same price and free shipping.

Things of note:

The Lenovo Miix uses a 40W USB charger that is categorically impossible to find anywhere, including directly through Lenovo, so if you lose it, you’re totally SOL.

The Venue 11 Pro looks good on paper but is a POS in reality. Used to sell them at the computer store where I work, and they got returned constantly for defects and malfunctions. Dell’s QA on their Venue Pro tablets was atrocious, which is why they were pulled from retail shelves and are on Woot now.

The Lenovo ThinkPad 2 tablet has a Clover Trail Atom CPU and runs Windows 8 like total crap. Clover Trail was a stop-gap from Intel before Bay Trail was production-ready, and it shows. A lot.

The Transformer T100 has a Bay Trail CPU and performs well on Windows 8.1 for basic computing and everyday tasks. The CPU is better than the current-generation T100, which replaced the 3740 for a 3735F, which has slower maximum memory bandwidth. It’s the best buy of the lot.