Fiskars Deluxe Telescoping Weeder

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Fiskars Deluxe Telescoping Weeder
$17.99 + $5 Standard OR $17 Two-Day OR $21 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I own this weeder, I use it mostly for dandelions(sp) but it also seems to work for those pesky crabgrass type clusters that popup in my lawn far too frequently.

Can you tell I’m not a landscaper?

Another Youtube video

Ah Woot. Treading the fine line between outdoor appliance and horror movie weaponry since 2004.

Thanks for the video, definitely helped see how the product is used. It appears as though my (lets not call her old or elderly…) mother could use this easy enough.

I had the extended “garden shears” by the same brand, which is largely the same device with a different appliance on the end. Stored out of the elements on a covered carport, the ambient humidity was enough to cause the shears to lock up with rust in less than a year.

It has 4 out of 5 stars on the Amazon reviews.

I’ve used a similar weed hound for years with good results, but you’ve got to whack the release on mine pretty hard to get it to let go. I’d be concerned about the durability of the telescoping part on this one and that it looks to be made mostly of plastic.

So, if you use a little oil when you store them they might be okay?

Ride The Lawn
by Dana Lyons copyright 2001, Lyons Brothers Music BMI

My Grandpa was a cowboy and his Pa before him
They rode the range, killed the buffalo and fought the Indian
But the great herds on the prairie and the wild frontier is gone
So to carry on my heritage, I go out and ride the lawn

CHORUS:

Ride the lawn, ride the lawn
Here on my quarter acre lot I sing my freedom song
Ride the lawn, ride the lawn
We’ll hunt the dandelion down and whack him till he’s gone

My neighbor is a slacker and he rarely rides the lawn
He says that he likes wildflowers with dew on them at dawn
But the enemy travels quickly when the winds are strong
Next week while he’s on vacation, his dandies will be gone

CHORUS

The problem with suburbia is you cannot shoot your gun
So how does one kill herds of moles who eat grass just for fun
Well I’ve loaded up my arsenal with shells and amo cans
And under cover of the fireworks, July 4th I’ll make my stand

CHORUS

My son came home from college and he criticized my lawn
He said fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides are wrong
Well I’ll listen to your politics and your weirdo leftist songs
But when you’re under my roof, don’t you dare speak ill of lawns!

One video says 25 year warranty. Woot website says 90 days. Which is it?

**UPDATE: Hey guess what? I just checked with the buyer and he says “WHOOPS!”

It’s definitely a 25 year Fiskars warranty. We’ll get that fixed on the Features as soon as someone reaches the office. **

:shy:

Looks like a device from a Hostel movie.

Pffft, a measly 40 reviews. Canada has over 150 4+ star reviews

Purchased a couple months ago & it worked great until the third time I used it and the plastic foot platform cracked. Tried to take it easy on it and reinforce it to no avail. Returned and purchased a model from a different company which had a metal platform surrounded by a hard molded rubber covering. MUCH better. Plastic?? Probably why it’s on woot now.

Freddy Krueger pioneered that field 20 years prior. Wake me when they cross outdoor horror yard weaponry with an Android tablet.

I have a Fiskars 7870 Uproot Lawn and Garden Weeder which is basically the same as this with a different handle. It is fun to use but it also gets tiring after a while.

It was so fun to use that we were having contention issues so we bought a second one “Fiskars 7880 3-Claw Garden Weeder” at Lowes but returned it the same day. The 4 claw weeder (which this one is as well) seemed to work much better than the 3 claw version.

These weeders are great at removing weeds but they do leave holes in your lawn… maybe an inch across and 2 inches deep. They are noticable at first but seem to go away on their own after a while.

I forgot to mention the coolest part of this tool. When you release the weeds with the pump action, I like to pretend I’ve shot the weeds and am expending the shells. Then I say something catchy like…hasta la vista, weedy. /nailed it!

I never heard of that site, still about the same rating! Good find on the increased number of reviews, it’s nice to get perspective from consumers. :slight_smile: