Fissler Magic Pan Rest

What’s the black rings on top made out of?

It’s a trivet.

And are you suggesting opening the oven door and using that as a surface. Ah, to be young, single, and a renter again.

No, it’s a $20 trivet (after tax)

It’s more than a trivit. It’s MAGIC - hello!!!

A $13 MAGIC GERMAN hot pad!!

No, it’s an Untersetzer!

This just goes to prove that there isn’t anything so simple/inexpensive that it can’t be remade and marketed for… say… $13.

+1

You just described the target demographic that makes marketers salivate.

Will this replace my aging granite counter?

Really???

Some people really like to waste money. Me included, but for more fun items.

When you buy things like this from woot, you know you have a problem. Seek help.

lol

Yesss. That’s how they should be marketing these.

and you know the Germans make good stuff!

An $18 trivet?? You’ve got to be kidding me.

I can think of a dozen things you could use if you’re in a bind. Rags, old shirts, empty paper egg cartons, real (cheap) trivets, your cat (dead or alive)…

Wow, so many kitchen items I didn’t realize I needed, that I didn’t even realize EXISTED. The heated dishrack, the electric paper towel holder, and now this! What’s next, Woot, what’s next? My mind is blown!

Lucy, I don’t know why but lately I seem to be having trouble distinguishing between work and wootoffs. My most recent problem was with determining if I really needed a magic tribble … uh… trivet. What? 25 cents? Sure… you’re cheaper than the co-pay for my real therapist.

I’ll stick to my left-over ceramic tiles from my kitchen floor. Works like and charm AND matches the decor!

Not magic, but still…

Don’t most folks call these trivets?