Fitbit Charge 3

Fitbit Charge 3

Are these new or refurbished??

NEW!!

I don’t see whether these have replaceable bands or not. I know the charge 2 does so this one should right?

Is this the Fitbit 3 Pay and not the Fitbit 3 base? Just verifying the pay functionality.

Looks like you can replace them:

I only see one version of the Fitbit Charge 3 and it states that you can add cards to the Fitbit app.

I had 3 Fitbits and they all failed after just a few months. First one was replaced under warranty. I live in Florida so I sweat a lot while working out. The 2nd Fitbit I had started de-laminating at the band. You could not replace the band. The 3rd one just died. They were claimed to be “water resistant.” I guess that didn’t mean “sweat” resistant. Anyway, I “fired” FItbit and got a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro. It is water proof down to 50 meters and the band is replaceable. I’ve had it now for well over a year and it still works perfectly. Full color display and built in GPS. If you shop around, you can find them for the same price as this FItbit.

There are two versions of the Fitbit Charge 3; the “base” model and the “Special Edition”. The Special Edition contains the NFC chip that allows the use of Fitbit Pay.

Based on the list price the one that’s being sold on Woot today appears to be the base model as the Special Edition is typically ~$20 more.

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, I would assume the base model since it’s not stated otherwise.

But it lists FitBitPay on the Features list. If that is one that really isn’t available, what other features are also not available with this model?

An extra band also comes with the Special Edition…but I don’t think that’s listed. Extra band and NFC are really what sets the Special Edition apart from the base model.

Even Fitbit’s website isn’t terribly clear that there are actually two different Charge 3s until you scroll down and select colors under the “Design and Specs” section.

Dangit. I really want the graphite color! :persevere::persevere::persevere:

Yeah, I agree that it’s confusing. I’m asking for clarification but I’m assuming that this is not a special edition for now.

I did find this tiny line on the Fitbit pay page.

*Fitbit Pay is only available on Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Versa special editions and Charge 3 special editions.

Yay for more “fine print fun”!

1 Like

Confirmed!

We are selling the standard model. The model number is FB409 which has been added to the sale.

I want to pull the trigger on this, but there are so many bad reviews out there. Sounds like they rushed this model to market and still haven’t worked out the bugs :confused:

1 Like

YMMV I suppose. I’ve had mine since not long after it came out despite the bad reviews and the only issue I’ve had with it so far has more to do with the iOS app then the Fitbit itself. Granted, I have the SE which might have something to do with my lack of issues, hardware-wise. (knock on wood)