Fitness Accountabilibuddies

cat exercising GIF

4 Likes

Got back on the grind last night. Started with a 10-minute Core class on the Peloton app where we did some planks and glute bridges. Then did a 20-min Full body strength class. It was full of reverse lunges, side lunges, weighted glute bridges and other lifting exercises that I forgot the name to. Then I hopped on the spin bike for 20 minutes doing a Low Impact ride, which basically means stay in the saddle the whole time. Capped it off with a 10-min stretch. Nice little workout, especially the reverse lunges, sheesh those are tough when we were doing 8 sets of 10 and after the first four sets, we had to go up in weight. Don’t skip leg day y’all.

2 Likes

YESSSS! I’m currently recovering from a shoulder injury, so most of my upper body stuff is scrapped for a bit… so I’m like, nothing BUT leg day. I hit the elliptical for 35 minutes on Wednesday after some good stretching, then a 15 minute brisk walk before heading home. I can’t wait for this thing to heal up so I can do more.

Today is gonna be a light leg day with LOTS of cardio… The Animal Crossing 2.0 and Happy Home Paradise have both dropped as of today, and I plan on using that as a nice distraction while on a bike or something today at the gym. I did that at home several years ago, playing ARK: Survival Evolved, next thing I knew I had burned 650 calories. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! When you combine something fun with working out, it doesn’t even feel like working out. Yesterday I did a 10-minute Core class with tons of planks… ughh. They’re calling it Planksgiving in the Peloton exercise group I’m in. Then I did a 20-minute Yoga class that focused on glutes and hamstrings. I also did a 20-min bike ride and capped it off with a little foam rolling. Today is Leg day with a Core, Barre and Glutes and Legs strength class and I’m not looking forward to it. Gotta put in that work tho!

3 Likes

I used to use various video game to work out, there are some really good ones out there… I lost some weight using Golds Gym Cardio boxing and Dance Dance revolution!

harvey beaks dancing GIF by Nickelodeon

3 Likes

Today is Fall Color Hike Day. Very low cardio. I practiced severe desk chair sitting all week. When you cannot get away from the ball and chain salary, ease back into a reset. It won’t set me back too far. The break will ease my soul so I can get back to the grind. Busy season always slows progress for me but winter will allow more freedom to break the current cycle. You keep me inspired!

2 Likes

I too know the pain of being chained to a desk… trying to work out the shoulder/neck stiffness from sitting all day yesterday doing absolutely jack squat (aside from attempting meatloaf, it was meat but did not loaf), left my gym bag at home so it’s a discouragement to make an extra 30 minutes on the road today… but maybe, just maybe I’ll get out there.

1 Like

Give this recipe a try, it’s currently my favorite loaf (and you can swap out the breadcrumbs for your choice of GF alternatives - she suggests Almond Flour). Lots of sneaky veggies keep it super moist and add a ton of flavor. You can do less of the glaze, or serve it on the side to keep the calories lower (but it is a super tasty glaze!!) :

4 Likes

Oooooh, that does look amazing! We used some spicy mustard-based barbecue sauce on the top of ours, bit of a southern staple around here… But would love looking into making our own for sure.

3 Likes

Weekend update. Hiked bluffs along the Mighty MO at Weston Bend State Park. Real trails and no pavement. Legs were burning and it wore me out. Felt fine the next day! The views were fantastic!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m checking in right now just to say it’s been a rough couple of weeks, and I have done precisely jack squat for fitness… but I’ve got some energy back and should be back at it soon.

1 Like

Isn’t Jack Squat still a squat? Heal time is important. Life is important. Don’t sweat it and then get back to sweattin’ it.

2 Likes
5 Likes

when I first read this my brain saw Pokémon app

:rofl::rofl::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It was like the Summer of 2016 where everyone was Fit from playing on the Pokemon Go app lol. So much walking!

3 Likes

Please go vote for the Deal O Meter - it’s almost there, and we only have an hour or so left…

https://www.woot.com/dealometer

Seems like a really good price for a versatile scale!

2 Likes

Another slow week for workouts. Getting kicked by work. Just finished dinner and pumpkin pie. Off to walk in the hood. It’s lace up the shoes or sleep. Too early for sleep so off I go. Happy Thanksgiving Ya’all.

1 Like

I laced up earlier so now, I have to try not to get another plate.
Fresh air

Fresh Air Quote GIF by Power of Positivity

4 Likes

After being stranded on the elliptical for the past three years due to the fear of screwing up my knee again, I braved the treadmill today. It is a very different beast for sure, and while I don’t feel like my knee was harmed in the process, I’ll probably know a little better when I wake up tomorrow.

Picture related. I’m a LOT more resilient than when I first started running about seven years ago (couldn’t run even 15 seconds at a time with a minute break in between), but boy oh boy do I have a ways to go!

2 Likes

Speed Kills!

I am not a runner.

3 Likes