$64.99 $193.00 66% off List Price
2010 Fjellene Syrah, Walla Walla Valley
2010 Fjellene Reserve Syrah, Walla Walla Valley
2008 Fjellene The South Col Blend, Columbia Valley
2010 Fjellene Reserve Blend, Walla Walla Valley
2010 Fjellene Malbec, Walla Walla Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Was very tempted by the cab and BDX blend mix but this is even more tempting. Let’s hope for some notes.

Here’s a review-ish blurb, of sorts (more blurb, less review, but what can you do…).

If nothing else, it tells you how to pronounce “Fjellene”…

Now that we learned how to pronounce “Fjellene”, it’s time for lesson #2:

The hard to pronounce name, (Fyel-LAY-Nuh), is the Norwegian word for mountains.

I throw my hands in the air! FIVE? these wine woots are just getting out of hand! ok… rant over.

The five pack of Cabs last time was so good, dark, delicious. This mix should be even better, since Syrah and Malbec are right in the wheelhouse of Walla Walla. Buy 3, you will not be disappointed.

When are y’all going to start shipping to TN again? Virgin does it, Lot18 does it (just a couple of examples of the places you’ve lost my business to). Lots of folks do. What’s the hold up? It ain’t no stick-in-the-mud-legislatures… following your own link, most of the states allow direct shipping, but your list has stayed small for awhile… I’ve only got a few woot wines left in my cellar. What’s the real deal here?

Any chance we can get the varietal breakdown on the reserve blend? The specs are seriously lacking.

Hello, America, from deep in the Walla Walla Valley. You won’t go wrong with the region’s 2010 Malbecs and Syrahs. Fjellene’s Syrah comes from Pepper Bridge and Les Collines which also produces the fruit for Amavi and (of course) Pepper Bridge wines - both very much beloved here. Yellow Jacket is just over the Oregon border. This is a great way to stock up your cellar with southern Walla Walla juice.

(PS - I’m not from the winery. I’m just a local who calls several tasting rooms my off-site office.)

If you have had these during office happy hour, can you provide tasting notes?

Seconded. Hoping for reviews, but also for some info on the mystery reserve blend.

The 2009 Reserve Blend is 50-50 Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. Which doesn’t answer the question but maybe a clue.

From Winepeeps.com: (I have no idea who winepeeps is btw)

2010 Fjellene Cellars Syrah (Walla Walla Valley, Washington): 96% Syrah and 4% Viognier. Deep, dark purplish red. Very aromatic with beautiful blackberry, black cherry, black pepper, and spice on the nose. Black fruit, black pepper, and cocoa come through on the palate. Full-bodied with lively acidity and medium to high, dry tannins. Well-balanced with a long, smooth finish.
Quality: 4 stars (out of 5)

2008 Fjellene Cellars The South Col Blend Red Wine (Columbia Valley, Washington): 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and 13% Cabernet Franc. Deep, dark red. Aromatic with earth, eucalyptus, black fruit, and a tough of mint on both the nose and palate. Dry and medium to full-bodied with lively acidity, medium tannins, and a long finish.
Quality: 3 stars (out of 5)

From wawinereport.wordpress.com: (no idea who again)

Fjellene Cellars The South Col Blend Columbia Valley 2008 $32
Rating: +/* (Good/Excellent) Aromas of dry chocolate, herbal notes, and a touch of the Rocks funk. Tart and light bodied on the palate with a big ball of fruit in the middle. 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and 13% Cabernet Franc. Yellow Jacket, Waliser, and Candy Mountain vineyards. Aged 20 months in French oak (25% new). 14.1% alcohol. 192 cases produced.

Thanks, I hope it’s the same. 50/50 cab Syrah is an aussie thing which I happen to like quite a bit.

I smell sellout.

Different vineyard though I noticed, the '10 here is Pepperbridge, the '09 was Yellow Jacket.

But, but, it ~is~ five *different * wines, now just one of something you may not like.
Think of it as sampler?

So after lurking for a long time, I decide to bite on this offer. Woot has decided that 41 isn’t “mature” enough to buy it. I know I still play video games, but how much more growing up do I need to do? Is there some kind of age verification nobody told me about?

Ah! Found it. Apparently woot defaulted to the day of my first woot. Apparently 7/25/08 was my wootday.

I enjoyed Wootbot’s efforts to “Grease” the wheels of commerce. Now I have that dumb song in my head…