Flashlight Mania!

What’s the difference between the P7 and the T7?

Virtually none at all. The P7 is slightly more compact, but that’s all. I bought the T7 a couple of weeks ago and it is an excellent flashlight for what I paid here. The P7/headlight combo looks like a no-brainer.

The T7 has “dynamic switching”(just tap the switch)and a boost mode. The P7 has a full-click switch to go between on, high,low, off. No temporary boost mode. The T7 makes a good one-handed bedside burglar blinder. You decide what to put in the other hand.

A lot of sucky flashlights… yay.

I picked up the combo pack the last time it was on here. It really is a good deal. Both lights work great. Mine came with carrying cases, extra batteries, and a few other small goodies.

Any comments on the H7? I need a decent headlamp to use when I get caught after dark working on cell towers. I don’t want to spend the money for a really nice petzl in the case that I do accidentally drop it. I’ve heard the petzls are good but I don’t know that it would hold up to that.

I received my H7 last week. I think its a great light and the infinite dimming switch is better than high/low/flash. think it’s pretty rugged. 1st light I own with batts in the back…won’t be my last, but under the car they get in the way if I rest my head.
What sold me was the longer run time.

While I’ll stick to my Surefire, Streamlight, and other lights that have proven themselves to me, should a truly hazardous situation arise… These could be great flashlight modding foundations, assuming the casing is at least half decent.
Throw a stronger, more efficient LED with a better reflector, a few tweaks to the power delivery, and you could have 300+ Lumen!

Um, you’re kidding, right? First, the P7 and T7 don’t even have a reflector - they have an optic. That is why they can go from spot mode to all flood. A static reflector just can’t do that…

Buy these for what they are. Relatively cheap, bright enough, and a great focus system. Forget about modding it, though, you’d only screw it up. Not to mention you’d spend far more modding it than you paid for it in the first place.

Do note that they are NOT waterproof, especially when using the focus system. Light rain is fine, certainly, but anything more than that and you might run into problems.

Question for you–I’m looking to buy a headlamp for 5am morning runs, and my finger’s been hovering over the buy button for http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H5H6XE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER. Would you say it’s better than the ones listed here? Or is there another one you would recommend for running?

The “python” light is not only super useful, but it is one of the brightest lights I own. I don’t know if I believe that it is truly only 45 lumens. No way. I have 125 lumen lights that the Python outperforms easily.

So either the Python is way brighter or ALL my other lights are not what they claim to be. I’m assuming it’s the former though.

This isn’t the same flashlight I paid $25.00 for last week is it$