Fleur de Sel Chocolate Covered Caramels

Fleur de Sel Chocolate Covered Caramels

Yes, fellow wooters and oddly enough all those woot employees posing as buyers. You know who you are I’m not gonna throw you all under the bus. Anyways these right here chocolates are absolutely disgusting.

1.) Who in the right mind puts salt on top of chocolate…snow birds!
2.) Bet you like Chesapeake OldBay beef jerky too no they don’t use spicey OldBay seasoning. It’s so DAMN yes I said it Salty.
3.) Salt not sugar
4.) Salty completely nasty
5.) Salt
6.) I felt whom ever makes these should make them with a sugar on top.
7.) How about nothing on top.
8.) Options - bots like options too.

If vendor would at least attempt this
exhausting list they might get me to put my
trust in them again. As, of now I feel they
stole my mohney the last time I bought. Forced us to bring the 3 month old chocolates out during a intense quarters game. Everyone all of a sudden got sober not missing. I had to bring the remaining ones to work. I originally thought it was just salt on top. I stand corrected rubbing it doesn’t help its throughout the milk
or dark chocolate mix. If your into that salty mix you should just read on loads ready!

1 Like

Umm, it’s “Fleur de Sel.”

2 Likes

Oh, hey, will you look at that. It actually means “flower of salt.”

3 Likes

Are you on drugs? These chocolates are AMAZING. I’ve bought them off Woot at least 4 times, and not only do I love them, but so does everyone else I’ve shared them with.

Oh, and I don’t work for Woot or Amazon…just sayin.

4 Likes

Salty and sweet have gone together forever. I remember my grandpa eating saltines with his ice cream!

Love these chocolates. Son just ordered some directly last week because he was craving them. I’m sure he will be getting these as well. They’re a huge favorite on Woot!

1 Like

HERE IS WHY SALT AND CHOCOLATE WORK WONDERS TOGETHER
https://thechocolatejournalist.com/salt-chocolate/

4 Likes

Wow. Your hatred for salt is deep.

3 Likes

No, this is normal.

1 Like

I would just like to say that these are so amazing that I am obsessed with them. How obsessed? When I last took a trip to Portland, I happened to notice The Candy Basket on the map near some of the hotels I was thinking of staying at. I then chose the hotel closest to the Factory store! I went there 3 times during the trip, but was sadly unable to make it to a tour. If you love these, check out their website…the rest of their candy won’t disappoint you either!

2 Likes

This. They are stupidly addictive.

But, different strokes for different folks.

Agreed Thunder. Although I have never tried the saltines and ice cream trick. I have been known to dip my fries in my Frosty when I go to Wendy’s.

1 Like
  1. I don’t work for Woot but people who do, and like a product, are allowed to say so. Freedom of speech and all.

2. If you don’t like salt with sweets why would you buy these??? I don’t like fruit with chocolate so I would never buy raspberry filled chocolate. And if for some stupid reason I decided to buy some, I absolutely wouldn’t list a review that complained about the fact there was fruit in the chocolate.

3. If you don’t like the salt on top, BRUSH IT OFF. It isn’t glued or welded on. It is sprinkled on when the chocolate is still wet. It easily brushes off. I know this because a family member doesn’t care for salted chocolate so they just brushed off the salt and LOVED these caramels. I bought a bunch that was mixed dark and mile (it was all that was offered at the time) and I don’t care for dark. He ate all the dark chocolates, without salt, and I ate all the milk. EXCELLENT! Oh and I didn’t do a review complaining about the dark chocolates in my box because I knew they would be there.

4. If you do like sweet and salty buy these. They are so superior to any other salted chocolates I’ve ever tried. The caramel is smooth, buttery and creamy. You don’t have to worry about loosing a filling. It isn’t sickeningly sweet caramel. Just a nice sweet lovely buttery caramel. The chocolate is equally good. It isn’t the best I’ve ever had but it certainly compliments the caramel and holds its own.

5. If I hadn’t been working for over a year to loose weight (and working on that final 20 pounds) I would be all over this. My only solace is that I know they will be offered again. If you love salty chocolate just pull the trigger.

6 Likes

Instant buy

THEY STOLE MAH MOHNEY!

/bought three

Point number one - saltines with ice cream is a terrific combination. Grampa ThunderThighs knew what he was doing.

Point number two - these caramels are even better than saltines with ice cream. I’ve bought them a number of times and have never regretted a purchase, unless it was to regret that I only bought one box instead of two. Or six.

1 Like

How are these packaged? Randomly in a box or jar or are they in a box with compartments like a box of chocolates?

In the past, they’ve been loose in a box (no compartments) with a sheet in between the layers. They stay put pretty well.

2 Likes

Thanks TT!

I think you need to clarify that they stay put during shipping. Once they’re home… they seem to disappear pretty dang quick.

6 Likes