Flip It Good

They are new and updated based on the feedback on our forums. I haven’t seen them or tried them. But when I brought up the issues in the meeting, the buyer said that the company read and responded to the feedback from wooters.

Developer… We appreciate you listening. Apparently some of us have a few more wishes - er - feedback.

• Washable cover
  • solid enough for some fun under or without covers.
  • throw buckwheat inside this baby, and it might meet our stringent standards.

I also second the buckwheat pillow for sleeping. Whiplash from an accident, and all those years on the board craning my neck as I paddled out made for some finicky cervical vertebrae. This however may be helpful for those of us bed wooters so that we maintain a position somewhat conducive to spinal comfort.

I have one of these that I never really used. Just yesterday I was thinking of throwing it out! I’ve wasted $ on woot items before and this is right there!

All must bow before the Power of Woot! Or something like that.

All in all I think mainly they just need to include a pillow case - I’m was ready to click go on this but a pillow that needs a special pillow case that isn’t included seems a waste and I’m not into paying more to protect my product than what I paid for the product.

I have many woots, and many of my woots have made me very happy, but only one woot has made me very sad. This is that woot.

The pillows had a musty smell that never quite went away. One of them developed a tear in the fold a few weeks after we got it. They are too big to lay your head on and sleep, and too squishy to lean on and watch TV.

This product looked great as a jpg on woot but in actual use i have found it to be pretty awful, not even counting the tear it quickly developed, which is even more shocking because as far as I know no one was using it and it was just sitting on the bed.

By reading the comments it has saved me many many times from pushing the big gold button!

I bought this from Woot about 6 months ago. It DOES NOT HAVE A WASHABLE COVER. So, if you like your smell, buy it, if you like the items you sleep on, e.g. pillows, sheets, etc. to go through a regular wash. Don’t buy this. I ended up throwing it away.

Has anyone tried washing the pillow itself? We wash our bed pillows every month because, you know, dust mites are repulsive. A little laundry detergent and bleach make a big difference if you have allergies.

I got this pillow the last time, and yes it is squishy, but it has made my life a whole lot better. I have acid reflux a lot and this pillow has made all the difference in actually letting me sleep and not waking up from it. I will say I have to have another pillow with it but the shape is what is important. Other pillows just slid down between the headboard and mattress. This actually sits at an angle which is what I need. I’m tempted to buy a 2nd now that they say they have firmed it up a bit.

Try a Mattress Genie. I have one from when my husband was going through radiation, and we still use it today.

I bought one of these:

It’s too mushy.

It’s shaped like those pillows you can buy to prop yourself up, as if on an easy chair, but it collapses under your weight.

One of my normal pillows can fold in half to prop me up better than this.

best. comment. ever.

Might I suggest a “New And Improved” stamp across the pic/description AND have your note as one of the actual pictures of the product?

Is this 18" wide??? If so, I’d fall right off it at night. How in the world do you balance on this. Looks like they placed the woman on the far right of the wedge. Shame on them.

I am a representative of Contour, and can assure anyone who is looking at this item that they are brand new first quality. These are not leftovers. A new machine has drastically improved the quality and we are proud to offer on Woot.com once again!!!

screw it. i’ll be the lab rat and see if these are better. been looking for one of those recliner pillows for months now that offers support. apparently, i made a mistake throwing out the one i had since a kid because the only ones i can find have light filling and/or arm rests that you would have to have the proportions of a t-rex to use.

$20 and i will sew my own cover. let you know if it is any better when i get it.

Could this pillow be used to add lumbar support to a couch (etc) for an individual? My husband complains that none of our seating has the lumbar support he needs to keep his back from aching during a sit-down, so I would prefer to just give him a pillow rather than replace every piece of furniture to make his back happy.

I wouldn’t use this…it’s too thick. They make pillows specifically for what you are needing. Do a search on ‘lumber pillows.’

So, to be very specific, how smooshy (trying to use techical jargon here) would you rate this. My husband needs something very firm.