Flip-Pal Scanner w/ DCS 3.0

Great, I have to scan a page 4 times to get the whole thing. And it’s so amazing at 600dpi (10 years ago a hundred dollar scanner would do 1200dpi full page).

My photocopier scans greater than fullpage, it scans full color, and at much higher resolution. This flip-pal is a joke.

Sorry to hear that this didn’t meet your expectations.

If you are only scanning loose receipts or a large number of loose and non-valuable letter-size documents at home, then this may not be the best choice for you. However for people that are scanning materials that are fragile, that are bound materials (books, etc.), that are photographs or newspaper clippings in albums with adhesive pages, or are photos and documents that are in someone else’s possession (i.e. a relative with a photo that they won’t let out of their house)—the Flip-Pal mobile scanner provides the ability to scan these items without damaging the originals and without the need of having a computer connection.

People can also scan items much larger than the 4 x 6 inch scanner bed by making multiple overlapping scans and then—using the included EasyStitch software— automatically “stitching” these scans into one single digital document. This includes the ability to scan items that do not fit on traditional flatbed scanners (paintings or large photos for example).

I don’t understand why you need this when you can simply take a picture of what you want. Don’t use a flash, just put whatever you want a picture of under a decent light and take pics of it. My digital camera technology these days, you can read the print easily and the images can be way better than the Flip-Pal.

To you doubters about the 600dpi resolution, that is all you need for a common old photographic paper print. 300 is probably good enough, and 600 is surely enough. Photo paper, even the best Kodak ever made, only has a resolution (in equivalent terms) of 200dpi or so - or less. That’s all the human eye needs, and the prints were made for human eyes. The diffusion (spreading) of dyes and silver in the paper surface during processing kept the “resolution” to 200dpi or less. 120 years of paper photo prints that everyone liked shows that was enough. Scanning at 600dpi is more than enough to pick up all the actual “data” in a paper photographic print.

No, it is for a special purpose - fully portable scanning of common photos, with no wires or external power needed. From all reviews it appears to do that well, and owners who want that are delighted with it.