Flip SlideHD 16GB High-Definition Video Camera with 3" Touchscreen

The newer version of this camcorder allows direct upload to Twitter.

Can Flip videos be transferred to DVDs or Blu-Rays?

I vote we start a petition to limit how many times you can post the same/like item in a certain time frame.

Looks bad on ya’, woot!

Always faithful & dedicated. We can always count on you. Thanks.

Lots of good thoughts & ideas there. That’s surprising that the battery is not replaceable & I can’t see why they would do that to a consumer unless the battery can last for almost forever for most folks.

Wonder what the life expectancy is for a Flip SlideHD and/or it’s rechargeable battery??? Hope the rechargeable battery life is at least in the reasonable approx. time range of several years.

Thanks.

Good call.

A much better deal to be had at Office Max for the Kodak Zi8 Black Pocket Video Camera at $ 69.99 with free shipping.

Reviews are better than the flip- 1080p - and new! While quantities last!

Only con is that you need to buy a card but it supports up to 32 GB.

http://www.officemax.com/technology/digital-cameras-digital-video-cameras-digital-camera-accessories/digital-camcorders/product-prod2940305

Let’s go ahead & add a few more Flip SlideHD Reviews.

PC Mag’s Review

PC World’s Review

Maximum PC Review

Gizmodo’s Review

alaTest Review

TestFreaks Scores 8.8 Out of 10

ZDNet’s Multiple Reviews

I bought the flip ultrahd 2 hour unit a while back for work and its not so bad. But I took one look at the slide and felt like I would break it immediately. Also I see no use for the larger screen and added bulkiness. I would certainly recommend the ultrahd over the slide model. Someone mentioned that the slide doesn’t have image stabilization, which the ultrahd has and it really helps. I still hate that it wont take still images, which seems like such a simple thing to program in.

Besides work, I use my ultrahd mounted to my car to record my Autocross race runs. Image stabilization helps a ton here on a bumpy track and a stiff suspension.

No one has commented on the bundled software, which seems to be a HUGE issue with most camcorders…

FlipShare Software Tutorial + Reviews

General Guides to Pocket Camcorders:

PC World’s Top-Rated HD Pocket Camcorders

CNET’s Summary Table Compares Multiple Pocket HD camcorders

Pocket-Camcorder’s Top Ten & Reviews

Camcorders.About.Com Latest Pocket Camcorders Round-Up & Reviews

DPREVIEW’s Quick Guide to Pocket Camcorders

PocketCamcorderReviews.net Multiple Brands & Models Including the Flip SlideHD

DigitalCameraReview’s Pocket Camcorders Including the Flip SlideHD on Page 3

Consumer Reports Pocket Camcorder Buying Advice & Camcorder Buying Guide

“Silent mode for recording in sensitive situations”

Are we double-naught spies or looking for our 15-minutes-of-fame sex tape?

Well, that’s one advantage the older model has. :wink:

But isn’t here usually a flashing red light too?

Video length is also limited to the maximum 4GB file size allowed by FAT32. Unlike some video recorders, this one won’t even automatically start a new clip when the 4GB limit is reach. You have to push the record button again. It’s something to keep in mind if planning to run a camcorder unattended.

I agree completely! The lack of image stabilization will haunt you when you realize you have to brace it against a wall or tree, or mount on a tripod. Kodak makes a better model for less, with IS. Don’t understand why they won’t add this feature, since it’s all software!

This is the one w/o image stabilization… Boo!

good deal on the nice flip 16GB high

Best non bias youtube review I have found.

Come on . . enough with the Foto Flips