Flip SlideHD 16GB Video Camera

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Flip SlideHD 16GB Video Camera
$119.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Flip Slidin’ away…

TestFreaks

Video Review

This model of the flip is almost universally hated. It takes away from the all-important form-factor – the slide makes it too bulky to fit in your pocket.

Next-gen Mino for me :slight_smile:

Mood after seeing this woot:

Apathetic

Amazon averages 3 1/2 stars

CNET averages 3 1/2 stars too

aMAZON REVIEWS
5 star:
(25)
4 star:
(10)
3 star:
(6)
2 star:
(7)
1 star:
(12)

my buddy has one of these. we took it to oakland when they had that little mini-riot a few months ago, and it got some good video. much better than my old, crappy canon did, anyway.

Despite all of the horrible things I have heard about the flip slides…I still think it’s sexy!

However, I bought a 3rd generation Flip HD 8gb for 170 off Amazon 5 months ago. That should be a notice of how…“good” the slides are in comparison to the Ultrasaurus or Minotaurs

Flip or slide? Flip and slide? Guess now you can have your cake and eat it too.

How many frames per second does it shoot? The description lists two possibilities. Says 30 then 60. Edit: It’s 30. I scrolled down the page.

I bought a SlideHD after I lost a Flip Ultra, but then sold it shortly afterwards.

The big problem that I had was the touch screen when recording. The touch screen wasn’t responsive enough, so it was unnecessarily difficult to get it to start and stop recording. The slide-open screen for replaying is kinda cool, but not enough to offset the clunky recording experience.

I also thought it was a little annoying in how the USB component has this small extra door thing when it pops out. Not a major issue, just a weird design choice.

I didn’t have a problem with the form factor. It’s a bit bigger than a Flip Ultra, if I remember right, but not hugely bulky.

All that said, for 16GB, this is a pretty good price.

Gizmodo review:

Does anyone know long a charge lasts?

The great amateur camera for all of those “great” amateur “film” stars out there.

Flip Slide HD? isn’t that one of them new hip-hop dances?

and here i got excited when i heard about the slip and slide on woot…

A lot of YouTubers use Flip cams for daily vlogging, but the lack of optical zoom limits its usage for serious filming.

Does anyone know how this works indoors? Like recording a kids play or basketball game.

I’m thinking we should send some to Egypt then.

(I know, it’s a serious problem, please don’t hurt me)