Foam-Backed Blackout Panel Pair

Foam-Backed Blackout Panel Pair

Any more info, such as a manufacturer or pictures of the backside?

Good morning. Sorry but we donā€™t have more photos. The manufacturer is J&V textiles.

1 Like

I pulled up the page code so I could get the actual photo, which let me do an image search for it.

I found the same photo at Orren Ellis Ravenna Polyester Room Darkening Curtain Pair & Reviews | Wayfair

Price there is $34.99, but they donā€™t have any more pictures either, other than (mostly poor-quality) customer-provided pictures. Reviews are largely good. Most complaints are that they arenā€™t that good at blocking light and some colors arenā€™t accurate, but most seem to think they look nice. Some complain that they are stiff, but they are intended for blackout, which requires some density. Because of the majority of positive reviews, seems likely the issues are due to manufacturing, and blocking ability may vary with the color. The reviews donā€™t indicate the color, unless the customer specified - which they usually didnā€™t.

3 Likes

Wayfair says theirs are an inch wider.

If you wash these foam backed curtains,. And are not careful, the foam material will stick together and when pulling apart, get damaged in not cared for correctly. All the curtains I purchased like this,. No matter what, had to be thrown out after washing. :flushed::disappointed:

1 Like

Any recommendation for a curtain rod for these?

I bought this one a couple months ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N49MX45

2 Likes

Perfect, bought both

Just received burgundy. No, they will not completely ā€˜blackoutā€™ all lights. Foam backing isnā€™t dense enough to block the light and fabric isnā€™t dense either. So you get speckles of light sipping through. I got this to block light from window reflecting to TV so I think it will serve the purpose and definitely will darken the room better than just using blinds. NOTE: itā€™s not as wide as you think it is. The width is measured as flat and it will be installed as you see in the pic. Make sure you account for the ā€˜curveā€™.

4 Likes

They definitely arenā€™t blackout curtains. Light blocking to some extent, yes, but they arenā€™t making anything ā€œmovie theater darkā€. The sunlight through my window is filtered through a huge elm, and itā€™s still fairly bright through the curtains.

Despite being sold as blackout curtains, theyā€™re not. Theyā€™re light blocking drapes.
I bought one blackout drape from Aldi last fall for the same price as two of these. They are not the same colour. Iā€™d switch around what I have but I am almost five feet tall. My balance is so bad, I canā€™t even get on a step stool :frowning_face:

Hello. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re unhappy with the panels. Please rech out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.