Foppiano Alexander Valley 2002 Sangiovese Quartet

thanks for the input. believe me, we’re not threatened at all - this is a long-term forum decision that has worked out well the past couple years on the main woot site. Deleting just the link is more open and the least amount of censoring, which we hate. our experience is if we’re not totally transparent with the need and intent, the censored individual feels like he’s fighting with us and can try to win by going into total spam mode. All we’d like to do is increase the signal to noise ratio - the media, blogs, and shopping assistance sites can handle their jobs.

I like the wines we’ve bought so far. But for five weeks in a row there’s only been red wines. Can we get some whites at least in there? Thanks.

Maybe you are right but come on people. Do you all honestly think that Woot is in this business to not make money??? Do you think they have come this far by making bad business decisions??? Of course they wouldn’t want some other “half rent” site trying to get their name out via the woot.com forums. That would be bad business. Allowing the competition to get more recognition through their website…RIDICULOUS!!! I would never put links to the competition on my website. Would you???

I will continue to look for good deals but have yet to find anything that comes close to wine.woot.com. You can’t beat the customer service you get from Woot either. Go look on public open forums if you want to find other sites. Don’t waste our time by posting links to these bogus sites here. This forum should be reserved for comments regarding this wine that will further entice me to buy yet another wine.woot.com. Thanks Woot. Keep up the great work and keep these jokers out of your forums. They are probably from Canada anyways…

definitely appreciate the support and kind words.

I cringe a bit at the line above as it’s not exactly how we operate. We are a company that WOULD allow posts on it’s competition when it is appropriate and relevant to do so – ie… price links for comparison purposes to the product we’re selling. All we really try to avoid is site/business owners using our forums for their own purposes. We’ve had experience with repeat spammers who also offer relevant content (good posts) and build friends with members, so it’s something to run out and explain early here.

confirmed - 750 mL (standard size) bottles

I’m in for one.

Okay, that made me snort rather loudly at work.

I posted about that one site because i had come across it in my random browsing…i have no connection with the company. I totally understand where woot is coming from not wanting it in the forum. I only posted it because i saw another site posted otherwise i would have kept it to myself. I’m excited for the Sangiovese…bring on some more whites woot!

I’ll fess up to quoting the “nice and light” part of the WE review, but I don’t recall seeing “full bodied” anywhere. That would be an apparant contradiction, I suppose, but a wine can certainly be flavorful and also nice and light, can’t it? That’s the way I like my summer wines.

Just bought one, mostly because I like the Alexander Valley. I’m down with the suggestion for some good whites…maybe even a rose every one in a while?

I bought one, but only because back in 1987 my wife and I made up our own little wine tour on our honeymoon and that was one of the places we hit. Guess I’m feeling nostalgic – and I have that whole 20 year thing coming up next year…

You will score 8 zillion romance points when you produce that bottle on your anniversary. Just make sure to hide the bottles till then.

Any hope of quicker shipping again this week? Still seems pretty hot out there. I would love to pick up a set right now, but I’m still worried about shipping. I wooted the first wine.woot, and it shipped on a wednesday, sat in a warehouse over the weekend, and was last-delivered by the delivery company. The wine’s temperature upon receipt was over 100°F =( (And that was on a week that was almost 20 degrees cooler than this week)

in for one - first wine.w00t ever!

For comparison… here’s a link to all Foppiano wines on Shopzilla search engine. Pretty good selection of tasty bottles. However, this is a good woot.
Shopzilla Foppiano Prices

I’m a struggling student (kind of redundant, i guess) in Maryland, and though I don’t have enough money at the moment to be splurging on woot wine purchases, I still keep track of the wines being sold and read through the comment posts to learn a little bit. As I have not bought any wine yet, I really haven’t been paying attention to the availability of these wines in MD. I notice that this one isn’t shipped to MD, but what about those wines in the past? Anybody have any shipped to MD yet, and if so, any issues?

Please, God, no on the rose. This is WINE.woot. Rose doesn’t qualify as a wine…

(in really arrogant tone) AND I AM NOT DRINKING MERLOT!!

maybe this was discussed in a previous thread? But i was wondering if the deals wine.woot had with different vineyards would allow for 3 or 4 different varietals in the same special, so maybe one week we could get a pinot, chardonnay, cab, and riesling from the same vineyard? that’s something i know i would love to buy

We’re certainly open for that when it’s a match from the same producer. We’ve had at least one varietal combo in the past (both reds I think). There’s a pretty keen balance necessary between winery/consumer needs, desires, and prices (ie… a focus on one wine might be more naturally occuring) but it’s definitely a suggestion we’ll strive for.

Or a sampler pack to get a variety while buying, so you can get a “flavor” of the vineyard