Foppiano Petite Sirah Plus Plus (6)

Foppiano Petite Sirah Plus Plus 6-Pack
$104.99 $190.00 45% off List Price
2011 Petite Sirah, Estate Bottled, Russian River Valley
2012 Pinot Noir, Estate Bottled, Russian River Valley
2011 Zinfandel, Estate Bottled, Russian River Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Really enjoyed tasting through the wines from Foppiano on both the 2012 and 2014 RPM tours and picked up some nice library bottles as well as current vintage.
Need to check; I think I did futures on this PS.
Gonna be in if I didn’t.

Blind buy based on prior vintages which were very good. I can always make room for more PS.

Yep. this one was a good one. Both sides worked hard to get this done. Classic Petit Sirah from an old school producer and a few well made side kicks.

Really enjoyed the tour stop this year. Natalie was very impressive, and the wine was good. Like Ron, I also have some futures coming (Gianna’s Block PS). Curious about the drinking window for these.

Uggh, Minnesota dropped off the list today? I sure hope it’s today only.

Foppiano does an outstanding job with Petite Sirah on their property South of Healdsburg (parts of which were part of an early 20th century P-M winery - Louis Foppiano now lives in the house where my late cousin Bill P-M was born) and an increasingly fine job with Pinot Noir (and Chardonnay).

Most (almost all?) of the rpm Tourists last summer ordered futures of the 2012 Petite Sirah. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting Foppiano on our 2012 Tour as well.

It was a real pleasure for me to add Foppiano to the Tour and I highly recommend these wines.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Natalie West, the personable (and attractive) young Sonoma county native (Davis trained) winemaker who is doing such a very fine job in the cellar with the strong support of the family.

And, with that, SIWBM is over.

Actually, I do have some reservations about the 2011 vintage.

I know 2012 was superb.

Could you comment on this particular vintage of PS?

I am willing to split if you are able to order. Too many orders this month. If not, no problema!

Seems like a solid offer. I don’t like to buy PS this young unless I’m planning on drinking them young. I should have bought the aged set that was up earlier in the year.

I had the '09 a few weeks back and it was awesome…balanced, nice structure and lots of fruit with soft tannins…

PM

replied

Good to see that contact info worked out.

IN, but can you get Natalie to join in with us?

Now I’ve taken some time to read through the offer info. these seem like really nice wines. I’ve seen the PS at Costco in the past and might seek it out next time just to try a bottle.

It’s been over a week now and my order still shows “preparing for shipment.” Has anyone received theirs yet?