Forum sorting options.....???

Help…Am I missing something obvious? ? ? ? ? ?. . .

I want to sort by the creation date, ie the woot forums in the order they appeared for sale. Today’s woot, yesterday’s, day before yesterday, etc…

The other options are cool too, but I like the ease of finding the discussion on last weekend’s woot by knowing that it will be the 4th one in the list because it was “4 woots back”

[quote user=“lmgaines”]Help…Am I missing something obvious? ? ? ? ? ?. . .

I want to sort by the creation date, ie the woot forums in the order they appeared for sale. Today’s woot, yesterday’s, day before yesterday, etc…

The other options are cool too, but I like the ease of finding the discussion on last weekend’s woot by knowing that it will be the 4th one in the list because it was “4 woots back”

[/quote]

I totally agree and just finished sending an email to the coding people about it. We’ll see what happens.
BTW, you made it sound much more elegant than I could.
write codeslaves@woot.com

[quote user=“lmgaines”]Help…Am I missing something obvious? ? ? ? ? ?. . .

[/quote]
my guess is this may be a bit low on the priority list, but I’m pretty sure they know about the request. for woots since 2.0, you can use the blog to see ones you missed. the comment link on the blog entry sends you straight to that days thread.

I have to agree with this one… I liked that sorting much better. I came to the forums today and thought I had missed a bunch of woot-off stuff or something, only to realize that they were sorting by recent posts.

Put me down for another vote for sorting by creation date.

Snapster is absolutely right, and not just because he’s my boss: for now the blog is the best way to see all the past Woots in reverse order. And you can still jump to the discussion pretty easily, with one click at the bottom of each post.

As soon as our programming squad finishes their very important business in the Something Awful forums, they’ll get around to our petty concerns.

I hadn’t figured out the blog was sorting that way (actually I hadn’t been back to the blog since the 2nd day of 2.0).

I can survive with going through the blog. THANKS!!!

I totally agree and just finished sending an email to the coding people about it. We’ll see what happens.
BTW, you made it sound much more elegant than I could.
write codeslaves@woot.com

my guess is this may be a bit low on the priority list, but I’m pretty sure they know about the request. for woots since 2.0, you can use the blog to see ones you missed. the comment link on the blog entry sends you straight to that days thread.

I have to agree with this one… I liked that sorting much better. I came to the forums today and thought I had missed a bunch of woot-off stuff or something, only to realize that they were sorting by recent posts.

Put me down for another vote for sorting by creation date.

Snapster is absolutely right, and not just because he’s my boss: for now the blog is the best way to see all the past Woots in reverse order. And you can still jump to the discussion pretty easily, with one click at the bottom of each post.

As soon as our programming squad finishes their very important business in the Something Awful forums, they’ll get around to our petty concerns.

I hadn’t figured out the blog was sorting that way (actually I hadn’t been back to the blog since the 2nd day of 2.0).

I can survive with going through the blog. THANKS!!!

Such a forgotten little thread.