Foscam Outdoor Wireless IP Camera

Just heard back from Foscam. The images on their site are out of date (they’re updating them now). The image and bracket we show are correct. I saw the sample and the box myself. We are selling the Foscam FI8905WS and it looks like our photo.

Sorry you had a bad experience. We are an authorized reseller and as such, you do qualify for free technical support from Foscam.

You can see that they even added our cool Woot! logo to their page.

Hey Thunder, I just got off the phone with Foscam directly and they have no knowledge of what the difference is between the FI8905WS and the regular FI8905W. They say that don’t carry that model number. Are you able to tell me the difference? Its a long shot but I’m just curious

Looong time wooter here. Don’t post on the forums much though, but wanted to chime in on these cams. I just 2 weeks ago returned the Foscam FI8916WB to amazon. There is a big problem with many of these models that Foscam can’t fix because it’s a hardware issue. They lock up when the video is very bright or the scene is busy or complicated. I had the cam pointing at a large dog crate and every single time the bars on the crate filled the screen, the video would lock up and the unit would reboot. It did the same thing when I pointed it out the window during the day. When it got dark, the cam was fine. I updated to the latest firmware, hooked the cam directly to Ethernet, moved it around. Nothing helped. Searched the forums on the Foscam site and found this: http://foscam.us/forum/8910w-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769.html . The post has over 215 replies and over 14,000 views. the issue is spread over many models because they use the same internals. General consensus is that it started happening about 6 months ago when they updated the IR cut filter. I wont buy another one until this issue is solved outright. Buyer beware.

It’s just a color designator:

WS = Silver (this one)
WB = Black
WW = White

Thank you sir, that explains alot. I dont know what Foscam couldn’t tell me this.

Will it work with a Q-See NVR???

i’ll retract that statement as incorrect…sorry

I have used several FOSCAM products.

“you pays your money and takes your chances.”

Be happy woot is s reseller, unless you can prove you bought from an AUTHORIZED reseller you are out of luck due to the knock offs flooding the market.

-Jim

Their policy seems to go between only supporting products bought directly from them, and products bought from their authorized detailers. Could we get clarification on this?

Got mine on Monday. Played around with them and set them up around the house. Overall, they work quite nicely. I wish there was smoother fps on wifi, but it is what it is.

Works with Blue Iris on the PC, and tinycam free on my android tablet.

Mine died today. I am finding it hard to work with Foscam support since I bought it at Woot. Will update after run around is resolved (hopefully).

We work directly with Foscam so there shouldn’t be any issues. If they want a receipt, you can print your order details from STUFF YOU BOUGHT.

Sometimes it’s a matter of getting hold of a different person. Sigh.

If all else fails, email CS to see if they can intervene. support@woot.com.