Foscam Security Cameras

Our FAQ addresses that pretty well.

I did look at your FAQ closely, and am still unclear. I even did a search on the word “return”, and this is all that I found:

Will I receive customer support like I’m used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don’t end up liking or you have what marketing people call “buyer’s remorse,” sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It’s likely you’ll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn’t work, first, find out what you’re doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it’s probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

How do I return a defective product?
Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven’t dissuaded you, report your issue through our Support page. It’ll go a lot easier if you have the order number, the name of the product you are returning, and a detailed explanation of the problem. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren’t likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that’s all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling member service for that product.

The end of the first section states “If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.”, but the next section refers only to defective returns.

Given my positive experiences in the past, I always assumed that Woot would take back a product that the buyer found unsatisfactory, even if it wasn’t defective. Your FAQ suggests that this may not be the case. Please clarify your product satisfaction policy.

Regarding Foscam products in particular, I have seen numerous complaints about their technical support and their unwillingness to RMA equipment that was clearly defective. Your FAQ indicates that you will accept defective returns, albeit reluctantly. How long are you willing to accept defective returns?

Thank you

Link to a story that just popped up on my local news. Interesting since it calls out Foscam specifically. Just another reason that you really need to plan your system out completly.

@CompuPsych: You are correct that returns are generally for defective product only. If you are unsatisfied with a product, you can contact the manufacturer or sell it.

Unlike online department stores, we don’t carry standing inventory where we can put return stock. Wooters generally know that they should do due diligence in their research before purchasing.

If you have any trouble getting support or service from FOSCAM, contact support@woot.com and we will assist. We are working with Foscam directly so we can intervene if necessary.

I was all set to buy a couple of the outdoor models and found instructions for installation on YouTube.

Waaaaay too much of an installation problem and other stuff you need to buy, not to mention that some of the camera’s parts aren’t too well made.

Not for me.

Trendnet has better security cams than Foscam from my experience. Buyer beware on poor quality on the Foscam

Your experience doesnt seem to match online reviews, and Trendnet cams cost more. Nobody says that Foscam makes the best, most reliable cam…but you cant get this level of features and quality at this price with other brands.

Wow. I’m encouraged and, frankly, surprised by your offer to help (“intervene,” if I remember correctly) if a woot! customer can’t get a reasonable level of support from the manufacturer. My perception - from reading forums and some product descriptions - has been that you’re pretty much out of luck if the item is junk.

I’m even tempted to go for one of these cameras…without audio, so no one talks smack to my dog. Wish me luck, and thanks. :slight_smile:

I would anticipate that an electrician can do the installation for you. They have outdoor-wireless cameras, so the challenge would be providing it power if you currently dont have an outlet, etc. the signal will then work over wi-fi without the need to wire it directly to your router/network.

Awesome tech support service. Irish helped me setup to the WAN so that I can remote to my camera when I am away from my house. He was very knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs tech support.