Franklin Merriam-Webster Dictionary with MP3 Player

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Franklin Merriam-Webster Dictionary with MP3 Player
$12.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Franklin MWD-480 Merriam-Webster Dictionary with MP3 Player

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Franklin Merriam-Webster Dictionary with MP3 Player, for $12.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Franklin MWD-480 Merriam-Webster Dictionary with MP3 Player

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Ah hahahaa, yes!! I’ve been wanting one of these since 2 wootoffs ago, and I’m studying for the GRE so this will be great. Thanks woot.

Geeeze… there must be a whole container ship load of these floating around!

I guess that whoever decided that these would be a hot seller is in another line of work now…

A much better price than the $99 that someone put them on a Woot-off for! L

any one remember these from the woot off where they had them for $159 instead of $15.99 then it took like 5 hours to sell them after they corrected the price.
I bought one then for my dad. He uses the dictionary part and likes is but prefers a smaller mp3 player.

What’s the USB cable for if it requires 2 AAA batteries???

YUP… We were both wrong on the price through - it was $99 and should have been $19… I even saved a PDF of the page because it was so off the wall…

Adding mp3s

bought one of these and worked for a couple months but now the screen is not readable, tossed in trash.

Is there a built-in speaker or do you HAVE to use the headphones?

just what I want something to listen to music to whilst I check the proper speeling when I make posts on woot!

I’d be highly interested were it a Scrabble dictionary. This thing, however, is pure poo. It is merely a poor substitute for several items that most Americans already have. I wouldn’t even buy it as a child’s toy. It would be great if I could conceive of a situation in which i would ever use it.

You ever listen to music while working on crossword puzzles?

Ya I put TN on the map!
In for 3!
One for each hand of course :smiley:

Reminds me of a store I saw once… LUCKY’S LIQUOR & GUNS

Eh. I’d buy one for 10, but 18 after shipping seems a little too steep for what it is.

If you’re too wise or cheap to waste good money on a Blackberry, you could get one of these and play the part. Tomorrow they’ll have a fake bluetooth earpiece that just plays beepy music like those cheesy greeting cards.

Remember the fake cell phones of yesteryear? THIS time, its functional.

I like the scrabble comment… it would be great as a scrabble dictionary rather than thumbing through the book. Manual effort is overrated.

I’d buy one for $0 plus $0 shipping…maybe.

I bought one of these from woot a while ago.
I only bought it for the dictionary really and I just have to say its ok…
Some times it helps carify the meaning of a word for me, but sometimes it leaves me with more questions as to a words meaning than before i searched for it. And sometimes i have to search the meaning of the word that is used in another words definition, because it only has a 1 word definition and it is a word i’ve never heard of either, so by the time i figure out the definition of the word that defined my original word search i am really confused.

Point: The definitions this dictionary gives are not very long and are hard to understand.