Free Mobile Phone Service From FreedomPop

I have the Evo as well and pretty much have the same questions. Except for mine, the calling works but its laggy and unclear most of the time. I’d consider getting the iphone 5 if the call quality is actually good.

Also glad I’m not the only one that has a battery that can’t hold a charge for very long. But for free though, I can’t really complain.

There is a 3 hour delay in data reporting from Sprint’s towers to our own system, so your data activities will get cut off as your approach your data limit to ensure you don’t go over.

There are really easy ways to earn extra data for your account. You can connect with other FreedomPop users through “Freedom Friends” and earn an extra 500MB of data each month for free!

After WiMax gets phased out, you will get 500MB of 3G data for free (data used while on WiFi does not deduct from your data allotment). You will still be able to remain on the free plan and not pay a monthly charge.

All calls and texts go through our VoIP messaging app. However, calls and texts do not deduct from your monthly data allotment. Call go through the native dialer on the Evo & Galaxy, You will need to open the specific app for the iPhone.

You can either buy it through us or use our BYOD program.

Call quality is dependent on your coverage. I like the Galaxy better than the Design. The iPhone connects to the LTE network (not 4G WiMax), so be sure to check your coverage.
The phones are unable to act as a wifi hotspot at this time. Our phones are only able to connect to the Sprint network – they are unable to use Verizon.

I’ve had a GS2 from FreedomPop for a few months now and am very satisfied.

What is the upgrade program? I couldn’t find anything on the web site except that FreedomPop now offers LTE phones. I expected to find something about trading in my phone or getting a discount since I already have one.

Glad to hear you like the GS2! We’re in the process of developing an upgrade program for users with WiMax phones. We’re still working on the details, but be sure to make an announcement as the WiMax end date gets closer.

What a scam!!!

I just bought this galaxy 2 from woot for this freedom service and when i tried calling in to activate service representative on the phone told me that phone is bad meid #… and i need to get my money back and that woot selling bad phones???
what is going on.?!! how do i get this phone programmed and or I need my money back
!!!

Have you tried going to the Freedom POP Customer Support page?

URL - [https://www.freedompop.com/contact.htm

If they’re unable to help you please feel free to email into support@woot.com and let them know.

I was reading the FreedomPop forums & noticed that FreedomPop’s Taylor is very responsive, helpful, & knowledgeable, too. See the web link below & if you post something for Taylor, type in “@Taylor” at the top of your post then skip a blank line before you explain what you need help with.

https://forums.freedompop.com/

:slight_smile:

I’ve always used Google voice to route my calls through, will I still be able to use that service with FreedomPop?

I think there should be no problem using google voice number since it basically re-routes the call

I just received EVO 4G today and was so excited. But the unit I received was a DOA.
When I turned this on, it was stuck at logo forever, drained all the battery and phone shut off (wihtout ever getting out of logo).

I connected it to charger to charge the phone, it simply DOES NOT CHARGE. I thought it maybe just the problem with the cable so switched to other cables I was using for kindle, and still it doesn’t power on after being plugged in for 6 hours. So disappointed… not sure whether I should contact woot or freedom pop for replacement

Question: I live in Nyack, NY. If I get the SII, can I still text/call with the 3G service? Thank ye.

Is there an activation fee to activate the iPhone? If so, how much?

Please feel free to PM us the MEID of your phone and we can check it out for you.

You can PM us the MEID of your phone and we’ll help you out.

Yes, you can use Google Voice with our phones!

There is 3G (but not 4G WiMax) in Nyack, so you will be able to make calls/texts. You can also connect via WiFi. Call quality on 3G is not as good when compared to a WiMax or WiFi connection.