Freedom Bra 3-Pack

It’s already in the product description. that’s why i didn’t post it this time :tongue:

My biggest complaint with this: is a large a 36-inch or 38-inch chest diameter? Is it smaller, larger? What constitutes XL? I wear an XL shirt due to my hip size, but if this is the same diameter as an XL shirt, it’s going to be about as useful as wearing a t-shirt with no bra.

Thanks, but no thanks, Woot. If you put actual women’s bra sizes on here, maybe. :slight_smile:

Yup, I got them last time, too. And, I also checked out the internet site. However, I’ll say that these are comparable to the SPANX version I have and their prices are even a bit MORE silly.
I’m not into sports at all so I can’t comment on that but I’ve had a lifetime of over-endowment and I find these absolutely wonderful to sleep in. And, they keep you “decent” if you have others in your household and you decide to get a cup of coffee before dressing for the day. Just sayin’…

I’d agree, these aren’t super supportive. I put the ones I bought last time on when I’m just pulling on t’s or sweats or yoga pants around the house. I wouldn’t feel particularly comfortable wearing them out and about.

I don’t know if anyone has specifically mentioned that these are a SINGLE layer of fabric thick. I have some kind of similar sport bras and they were double, so that’s what I expected with these. Not so–this single layer is more like the fabric in seamless knit underwear than a sport-bra-like weight.

I’m assuming since they state the size with the numbers: Large = 38/40
It’s equivalent to a normal bra’s band size.

I am a 40-C. I want to get these bras but (as usual) don’t know if I should get “L” or “XL”.
I hate bands that push against my stomach.

I’m not too concerned about support, just comfort. But! At $20 for three, will probably get a set of each size. Will report back if anyone would like to hear.

My bad, back to work. I still expect you to pass me in quality by the end of the year, though.

Haven’t seen 6 for under $10, as the GP seems to suggest, but I’ve always been able to find similar 3-pack sports bras at Walmart for $9-10:

strappy or racerback styles among others.

I find them to be comfortable and reasonably supportive, though I’m not especially endowed. I wouldn’t go running in them, but for yoga or cycling, these are wonderful.

These bras are crap as far as support goes. Like wearing nylons on your boobs. Go at least a size down if you buy them. Don’t bother trying to jog in them though. These are best for lounging.

I remember it… My jaw dropped. That was awesome… especially when you had to tell us in the second post that you haven’t worn them.

And here is mine from last time… Not quite as exciting. And… This is my personal experience, we are all made a little different, so hopefully it will be helpful. I machine dry mine on low. They’re tight at first, but stretch to perfection pretty quickly. I recommend first figuring out band size… for C down, sticking with labeled size will probably work, size up one for sleep/relaxing. For D up, size up one from band size automatically, and up one again for sleep/relaxing.

So here’s my review.

Reviewed earlier, but didn’t state my size…
Getting a bit personal here, so I’m a natural 34e to 36dd depending on the bra. Both the L and XL fit. The L is firmer support, and separates somewhat… I guess the uniboob effect would depend on the natural separation between the breasts, and also the firmness. I’ve had a child, and breastfed though, and I think they’re pretty awesome. The L is also tighter around the ribcage… Thus why I like the XL for sleeping.
I would not wear this bra for: a night on the town; a jog; a night in with a new guy; pole dancing.
I would wear this for: yoga, intense gardening/yard work; household chores; a run to the store; work if covered by uniform (nurse, etc); hiking.
Basically, this bra works at support fabulously. Is it the sexiest bra around? Not by a long shot. Do I care? No. There are times to be sexy and times to be super darn comfy. I’ve still been checked out at the grocery store in it though. :wink:

Edit: The book will be out soon.

I got these last time - run very small and are very flimsy. The cheapy pull on sports bras from walmart are MUCH better, at least for me. A lot of peeps complained that they smelled, but mine either didn’t or I just didn’t notice. I returned mine without issue.

Also if you are even the slightest bit wet( from shower, sweat, high humidity)… either use some baby/ body powder, wait a couple of mins, or grab a dry towel.( I would think any female over a B and/or over the age of 14 would understand but figured it couldnt hurt to be said)
~~Jinx

As a longtime wooter, I think woot’s decision to offer these is a bad and surprising move. They’re low quality and they are ABSOLUTELY NOT for active sports. As others have said, maybe for yoga or light hiking. (Also, they come under various brand names and lately I’ve noticed pretty much constant sales on them from Groupon and other deal sites, so if for some reason you’re considering them, don’t feel this is a one-time opportunity in any way.) Not recommended and definitely don’t belong on sport.woot.

Ah, women and their bras. Such amusing comments.

I have tiny little B cups so I should be fine with these. I ordered 3.

I wonder what the fellows are thinking of all this bosom talk.

Bought the jog support bra that was on last time and loved it! Found it very supportive (36c) and comfortable in a medium. These are not a jog bra, so wonder what the difference is.

[MOD: Same bra, just took the word ‘Jog’ out of the title since some people didn’t feel that it would be good for sports. User feedback FTW.]

Ok I have read the comments here and on a previous offering and see mixed positive and negative reviews. I have also seen those late night info-mercials for Genie Bra. Are these the same product just different name as the Genie or just a similar product?
~~Jinx

Thinking at least it’s not another backpack.

But wait, it is for carrying something only on the other side of your body.

Is this what William Wallace wore?

Bought these last time around…definitely a Love/Hate situation. LOVE Woot, HATE these “Bras”.

My comments from the last sale: *Yeah…hope other Women don’t fall for these next time around they really aren’t good for much!

I am average/small in the chest area 5’9" 165lbs and I’ve tried on all 3 colors in the large size, so far I have found:

1. ZERO support
  2. ZERO “coverage” (very transparent)
  3. The lower band rolls up as soon as you move.
  4. You’ll jiggle as soon as you turn around, forget walking or running.
  5. And there is something about the elasticity in these “bras” that is horribly unflattering! They mash you down. I burst out laughing as soon as I looked in the mirror.
  6. Tried wearing one for a short time under a T-shirt and found myself damp with perspiration in about ten minutes. (These are NOT for hot weather!) May as well wrap myself in plastic wrap.

Considering passing them on to my Daughter who just had a baby…they MIGHT do as an overnight garment for her nursing pads, but I doubt it.*

Tried giving them to the Daughter…when she stopped laughing she gave them back.

As others have mentioned, if you look closely at the pictures you will notice the models are wearing TWO of these “bras”…that should give you an idea of how thin they are. Pantyhose is a good description!

Caveat Emptor!

I was wondering how these compare to the Genie bra. I have those and like them for casual wear (I don’t do sports unless juggling counts). From the other comments, these won’t fit me. In the Genie Bras I wear a XXL comfortably with the XL as a tight fit.

I have last weight and just started another diet, so I am not certain of my real bra size–my old size was 38DD. I think I am between sizes right now on everything. :frowning:

Hmmm. . . Maybe I should get a set of these and if they are too thin, or whatever, keep them in my BOB. In case of the Zombie apocalypse I might not be so picky. :slight_smile: After all, can’t have the girls in danger while running from zombies. :slight_smile: