Freedom Phone Samsung Galaxy Note II

Hi Woot! Great to be back here to follow up on last week’s offer for our top smartphones bundled with our 100% free phone service. I’ve add our top FAQs below (along with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be around to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to Activate | FreedomPop. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Wooters, I’d strongly suggest reading comments from prior sales of these phones to see how past purchasers have been enjoying their FreedomPop experience… :wink:

http://electronics.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6684232&ref=el_cnt_odet_dsc

Readers can also view our FreedomPop Forum (forums.freedompop.com) to see a broader spectrum of our users + more reviews.

I’ll still be around to answer questions and PMs all week long for those who seek assistance.

[MOD: See See his post over here

Yep its truly free… so with that price tag you know what to expect… Usually. Freedompop is an exception! The data service is WONDERFUL. The phone service has finally become useful. Before the switch to the Sprint LTE network I would not have recommended freedompop phone to anyone. NOW it works like a charm. For Voice service you will need a mid to high end device for the voice service to be acceptable. This Samsung Note II made all the difference in the world. As soon as I switched phones the echo vanished and the network connection became reliable.
So for future freedompop customers… Data services are great, voice services depend on the device (so dont get a cheapy one) Customer service tries very hard but falls miles short of effective. But for free I can deal with that.

Update:
Ported my number to my old freedompop phone then tried to have the new phone added to the account and the old one removed… (the number and service level are attached to the account and not the phones)
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE…
Sept. 15th , 2015 I ordered an LG Optimus F3 from Freedompop during one of the promotional sales. This ordered included free Unlimited Talk and text and 500mb of Data as the base plan. It did not take long to realize the phone was difficult to see even with my glasses and the voice quality included a lot of echo that was annoying to callers. So I purchased a Samsung Note II Last month to replace the LG.
I was told I needed to have a temporary account for the Samsung… so we created newxxx@gmail.com. The Samsung was given a temporary phone number. I was then transferred to tech support.
Tech support was NOT ABLE TO swap the phones on the account. Instead she transferred the phone number from the LG to the Samsung.
The original oldxxx@gmail.com account is the one with the unlimited talk and text I acquired on Sept 15th of 2015…THAT IS THE ONE I want to use. The “temporary” account does not have the same service.

Tried talking to customer service some more, then support email sooo far I am not feeling the love… So I sent the matter off to the BBB of LA/SanJose. Not sure it will accomplish much considering the C+ rating , but have to try.
http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/internet-services/freedompop-in-los-angeles-ca-100115567
Forgot to add, I complained loudly about the customer service once before so I am now blocked from their facebook page, as is anyone else who has a minor complaint.