Freedom Phone Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with FreedomPop and we apologize for the delay in shipping. You were not able to deactivate the Premier service due to the failed charge which resulted in your account getting suspended. Please note when accounts are suspended, no changes can be made on the users.

If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by sending us a private message.

Hello,

We do offer free service, to keep your account free we recommend that users disable top ups and cancel any free month trials offered before their renewal. If trials are not cancelled before its renewal date you will charged for that service or plan. We also encourage users to make sure when they sign up that they are not subscribed to any additional services or paid data plans if they wish to be on the free plan.

We apologize for the customer support that you have experienced, please send us a private message so that we can get this situated for you.

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the experience that you have had with support, if you need future assistance with releasing your device and any other concern or question please feel free to private message us.

For totally offline maps/GPS you might want to give Here a try. I like it better than G-maps.

I have a Freedompop phone and their annual 1GB service (unlimited talk and text, 1GB/month data for $80/year). When it works it does OK; unfortunately there has been a glitch in their system and about every three weeks my phone shows that my account has been suspended. Interestingly, my account info online does not show anything wrong.

Getting in touch with Customer Service has been challenging, and I’ve gone up to a week without service before I could get someone to “refresh” my account, which apparently is the only thing that clears the error and restores my service. I’ve tried their phone number (endless loops), their customer service contact form online, and posted in their forums but so far they have not been able to track down and correct the cause of this issue. To my knowledge, there is no other way to refresh my account and correct the problem when it happens from my end - they must do it. And apparently by what I read in the forums, I’m not the only one.

At this point I cannot not recommend their service until they get this problem identified and solved, but so far they have been unable. But as my father used to say, “If you have low expectations it’s hard to be disappointed.”

Seriously, how well does an S4 run Pokemon Go?

Works well.

NOW WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
Seriously, EVERY TIME I tried to get customer service, it took days to get a response, and then it was only to tell me to go to the FORUMS, START A THREAD, AND GET HELP THAT WAY!

The ONLY reason you even answered my previous post, is that it is eating into your sales!

PEOPLE!!! I am serious, they want you to use the FORUMS to solve your freedompop issues!

Bought my third Freedom Pop phone. Phone service is not always good but passable.
We mostly use the phone for texting via Skype, Skype calls and having a phone around I can get in touch with my son and daughter on. The Samsung phones are MUCH better than the LG and Kyocera brand phone I bought from Freedom Pop. I consider Freedom Pop an option only if the Sprint Data coverage in your area is good. Ours is good enough for light use but not enough for a replacement to the carriers. The Google project FI will probably be my next phone service for the family.
Lastly: Freedom Pop works great for Pokeman Go. My son and daughter have leveled up pretty high. :slight_smile:

hahahah! yep, that sounds about right, if you cant solve the issue by reading and posting in the forums, you are sol!

Thanks for reminding me about another thing I had trouble with. That DAMNED port-out pin! It looks as though it can be set by the customer on the account page - it flat out doesn’t work!

After setting it several times, I finally got a response from them that the pin was set to something I had never used! Even then, the port-out was only partially successful. The voice service worked but text and data didn’t.

I finally solved the problem by getting a new FREEDUMB BUST number assigned to my old phone. The text and data started to work immediately afterwards!

I guess the new number caused an update that disassociated my FP phone from the ported number.

STAY AWAY FROM FREEDUMB BUST!

I have had the free service for more than a year, and I have not paid anything during this time. One thing to note is that Voice Mail is not included in the free package.

The major problem with the free service is that it requires a very strong signal in order to place calls, and a strong Sprint signal is very difficult to come by. If you therefore need to place phone calls regularly, you will have to subscribe to a premium service that is not free.

Data works pretty well no matter how weak the cell signal.

Customer service has been exceptional: I have only contacted them twice, and both times the call was answered by a real person fairly quickly (much faster than AT&T) and they were able to resolve the problem promptly. For a free service I thought this was amazing.