FreedomPop G900 Samsung Galaxy S5

Hello Woot! Thrilled to be back here with another deal for our Free Phone Service with a selection of Android phones. If you have any questions about FreedomPop, I’ve included our top FAQs below (along with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be around to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to www.freedompop.com/activate. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Incase anyone wants to know. This is not actually 100% free. you should know that:

•If you use less than 5 MB of data in a given month, you get charged a $0.99 “Active Status fee.”
•By default, when you reach your final 100 MB of data in a given month, FreedomPop automatically charges $10 to fill your plan back up. To avoid the automatic charge, you must change your billing settings on FreedomPop’s website.

On one page, an offer for 2 GB per month is advertised as “100% FREE” and selected by default, while the fine print mentions that a charge of $17.99 kicks in after one month. Another page offers faster speeds for $3.99 per month with a big green “Get Offer!” button, while the option to pass is presented in tiny text.

More details can be found here:

Incase anyone wants to know. This is not actually 100% free. you should know that:

•If you use less than 5 MB of data in a given month, you get charged a $0.99 “Active Status fee.”
•By default, when you reach your final 100 MB of data in a given month, FreedomPop automatically charges $10 to fill your plan back up. To avoid the automatic charge, you must change your billing settings on FreedomPop’s website.

On one page, an offer for 2 GB per month is advertised as “100% FREE” and selected by default, while the fine print mentions that a charge of $17.99 kicks in after one month. Another page offers faster speeds for $3.99 per month with a big green “Get Offer!” button, while the option to pass is presented in tiny text.

More details can be found here:

The article you cite is out-of-date. There is no inactivity fee. Freedompop is a freeinum service where the basic service is free but anything else is extra.

The one half-truth in your criticism is that you do have to be careful when you sign up. The option for the free plan is in small print at the bottom of the screen. The default is a free trial for one of the paid levels. If you opt for the free trial that is offered, then it is your responsibility to cancel the service before the free month is over. This can be done online and is not difficult.

The free plan is real and the default billing is to buy more when you get low. You can change this default and if you do, then you will get cut off when your data drops to a certain level. This is neccesaary to keep you from going over. And is not deceptive

The biggest problems are call quality away from wifi and customer service. The best way to get customer service is through the forums. In my experience you can grow very old trying to get them on the phone. The free calls go over data not the cell frequencies. The ability to go over the Sprint voice towers instead of over the data line is one of the premium add on features. I had trouble with that service as well but I have heard that that was been corrected.

The good? The data service is great. Be careful though that you don’t have any automatic updates turned on your phone or they will burn though your data allowance everything you turn your phone on.

The coverage is better than Verizon. This summer while camping, I had much better coverage than my pageplus phone.

Unfortunately due to call quality issues I cannot fully endorse or recommend freedompop. I do plan to test it out again as soon as my billing cycle restarts and I figure out what updates are sapping my data.

I forgot to mention that if you can use wifi calling on these. My call quality away from wifi without premium voice is worthless, but today I was able to make a clear and solid call while connected to wifi–despite that my phone is a much older model phone.

So if you are near wifi for much of the day, freedompop is a service you might want to consider.

Frredompop is having a Black Friday sale.