FreedomPop G900 Samsung Galaxy S5

Hi all! So great to be back on Woot with some top smartphones that come with our 100% free phone service. Please see below for the top FAQs (plus with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be here to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free plan, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. Are there any special add-on services that I can get? **
One of our top value-added services is Premium Voice. If Premium Voice is active on your account, then your phone calls will be redirected through Sprint’s Voice Network, rather than going through VoIP. Adding Premium Voice costs $3.99/month.

** 4. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to Activate | FreedomPop. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Do not get tricked into trying this! I did back when they had a cheap s3 on woot and it was terrible. First off the phone was a lot more heavily used than i anticipated. Scratched up and cracked case, stopped charging via the cable after 2 weeks. Had to buy an extra battery and charger to charge outside the phone. Service was very spotty, they offered “premium voice service” for an extra fee. Still sucked. Group and media messages are an extra fee. Still didn’t work even paying the fee. It’s super fun to find out everyone else has gone and done something fun without you because your crappy phone service didn’t get the message to you! And then the experience of trying to port my number out of freedom pop was the biggest pain ever. Please don’t make the same mistake I did with freedompop.

I have had the LG phone for a year.
I only got it for emergencies. I did not use it every month. SUDDENLY I had an emergency, went to use my freedompop phone, and it was DISABLED! I have the free service, and now I also get a warning that I have slow connection, and need to upgrade to premium service to get a better connection. NO tech support, NO phone communication, and NO WAY I ever buy another freedompop phone ever again. I did recommend them at one time, but I do not anymore. NOT EVEN WORTH IT AT ZERO COST!

Headline:

100% Free Mobile Phone Service w/ Samsung Galaxy S5 (Certified pre-owned)

Details:
…you can choose from a variety of flexible and affordable prepaid plans…

100% free? Prepaid plans? These are mutually exclusive.

Apparently Woot have fallen to a new low, lying to customers and click-baiting them for sponsorship monies. Such a sad day.

Just a warning, those negative comments above are people who go and post bad reviews on every Freedom Pop thread for some reason. People are weird.

FreedomPop is a great service with great phones that work well and you can get zero cell phone bills if you do it correctly. No, it’s not as easy as going to Verizon and paying $150 a month for your cell phone, but for free the service is really incredible. I haven’t paid a cell phone bill in almost 2 years now because of Freedompop. It hasn’t be completely trouble free, I’ve had to call support twice. The service was great and fast, they resolved my problem in 10 minutes or less both times.

I’ll be perfectly honest. I’m wierd for sure, but I don’t hunt FreedomPOP’s posts or offers just to down-talk them. I’m just incredibly wary of anything that promises 100% free but advertises ‘affordable prepaid plans’.

Please let us know how to have zero bills from FreedomPOP so that Woot and FreedomPOP can have a good post here. I’m really curious to know how to do it.

Considering you haven’t had to pay them for 2 years I’m sure you can share details on the process.

Freedompop Rep,
I just got a 3 in 1 sim from you. If I buy an unlocked GSM S5 will I be able to use the free plan (200 min 500 txt and 200 mb)? Will it work in Canada? Do I get free data for whatspp like I saw in an article today?

It’s pretty easy. Buy a phone and use their free service. They offer plans for people who need more than 1GB of data or 200 mins of talk or 500 texts a month. If you need that it costs $$$. If you’re like me and do most of your stuff on wifi and texts via Google Hangouts, you don’t need it.

This is how you get it for free:

Hello,

You can sign up to our free plan as long as you are subscribed to our service and as you stated you have our Global 3-in-1 SIM so you should be able to make the changes by logging into your account. Unfortunately Canada is not one of our supported countries.

Correct, we offer 1GB of free data for the WhatsApp.

If you run across some issues trying to add the free plan, please send us a private message and we will be more than happy to help you!

Freedompop Rep,
Are there plans to include Canada eventually? How soon? Where can I find a list of Countries that work with Freedompop?

Thanks for the details guys!

You should also note that by default you get a higher level of service free for the first month. If you don’t downgrade it will auto charge your card the next month. Make sure you click “Details and Plan Management” (see it in my previous post picture) and then follow the links to downgrade. Freedompop tries to make a it tricky but once you do it it is free.

I have been using FreedomPop on my Galaxy S4 since last year. I signed up for the free service after a month of Premium. Sometimes phone coverage is a little spotty, but using Google Hangouts works better for voice than the FreedomPop service. Still 100% free. It makes a great platform to play Pokemon go on! FreedomPop service is worth far more than I pay for it, LOL. I am a happy customer.