FreedomPop Internet

Forgot to add that we use Clear’s 4G WiMAX that Sprint also uses. Be sure not to be looking at Sprint’s 4G LTE map. Another option is just Clear’s website as well.

Most definitely. The way rollover work is with each new billing cycle you can rollover as much as 500MBs of unused data from the month before. It’ll be saved into a new pool of data that can store to 20GBs.

Mr. freedompop, is there a no-use fee? I saw it mentioned in a few Amazon reviews ($1/month charge if you do not use the device).

I’m just trying to get a sense if there’s any other charges I might unexpectedly get dinged for if I spend money on one of these devices, sign up for the 500MB plan, and consistently use under 500MB/month. Since I live in an area without service, I would only use it on vacation, and might not be able to use it monthly.

Bought the Bolt USB stick couple months back for work in the bay area and its been great. It has actually been really helpful a few times when I was on the road and had a couple deadlines to meet. Not sure if you actually read these comments Woot but thanks for hooking up with FPop. Looking forward to checking out their hotspot.

Our devices are really great for vacations or for when you’re just not at home. We did previously have an “active status fee” that was $0.99 if you used less than 5MBs/ month, but we are getting rid of it altogether. You can read about it on our blog: FreedomPop Insights

You can also stop by and read some of our reviews on the Bolt and Photon there too. http://blog.freedompop.com/freedompop-reviews-best-selling-photon/

PS… I could also be Ms. FreedomPop :wink:

I’ve gotten away with just using the website, but I purposefully avoid data heavy tasks because this is not unlimited. I think it takes alot to understand that for some ie the Amazon review with 32 GBs. From experience the delay goes up and down. Sometimes less than hour or sometimes the noted 3.

Thanks for the reviews link, but somehow I’m not certain I can trust cherry-picked reviews posted on a company blog. No offense, of course!

And are you the Samantha from the company blog? Miss Samantha Freedompop? I feel like I’m in the presence of royalty!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for letting us know that the coverage map was requiring zip and email qualifications. Our development team got right on it and it’s fixed. Feel free to visit http://www.freedompop.com/retail/coverage to check coverage directly.

Fair enough. No offense taken. Let’s stick with third parties then…

1. Forbes
  2. PC Mag
  3. LA Times

Well that’s… nice. What would be super as well is if there were some kind of legend to distinguish between the dark green and light green areas on the map. I mean, I guess light green is spottier coverage, but why am I guessing?

I admit I’m intrigued by this product. My old university-employer had several Clear hotspots they got for free in return for leasing radio frequencies to Clear, and they were pretty sweet and super handy to have.

The dark green areas do denote best coverage while lighter green is good coverage. A legend though is something we can consider for the future. Thanks for the feedback. It helps.

Is there not also an Activation fee?

Willing to give this a whirl. Could work with my old iphone 3gs bringing it back from the dead wo paying for cell service

Thanks for joining us and being so responsive! Great vendor participation!

When does this kick in? As of this moment, it is still asking for email and street address…just for coverage.

Should have already kicked in. Are you sure you are at freedompop.com/retail/coverage? If so, try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache or just try another browser.

Sweet!

Not there. That tells me “Sorry, FreedomPop 4G is not yet
available at this location”.
I went to your home page to get a map with a better view.

No activation fees

Oh no :(. Our website does require you to put in your zip and email address, but its the same map in the end. If www.freedompop.com/retail/coverage is giving you that message then that address is not in a good 4G WiMAX area. Do you mind me asking what city you live in? I can give you an idea of the nearest coverage area.