FreedomPop LG F7 - Black

Hello Woot! Big thanks to the mods for allowing to be back with a fresh set of Android phones bundled with our 100% free phone service. I’ve add our top FAQs below (along with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be around to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to Activate | FreedomPop. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Don’t do it… Got a freedompop phone on the last woot offer… Phone’s battery wont hold a charge their customer service after I finally got some simply suggest I buy another battery… Phone still didn’t work with the new battery, contacted them multiple times and the customer service was complete garbage often they would say send me your account name or info I would do it and they never got back to me… Woot’s service was just as bad I contacted them and never heard back from them. Avoid this deal like the plague.

Be forewarned… I haven’t bought one myself but the comments about FreedomPop sales on woot! are often replete with dissatisfied customers. And it also makes me wonder why FreedomPop has to so aggressively monitor and participate in the forum section.

Their coverage map showed service in my area…and there was no service. Plus my photo generated an error of some kind. Returned it and went back to my double-your-minutes tracfone.

Question: Can one buy a phone through this deal, then take the phone to another carrier?

I’m really trying to find a good deal right now and replace my ancient Samsung Eternity (7 years was a good run), but all the major carriers seem to have their hidden “smart phone access fees” that jack up your rate plan.

“Yeah, that’s only $60/month for 2 phones to share unlimited text & talk with 2 GB data…but oh yeah, it’s an extra $40 per phone, per month to access our network”

Any help much appreciated…

Please PM me if you need any help on any account issues. I can help you here or have a Support Agent call you directly.

These are Sprint/CDMA phones so they’d only be able to be activated on Sprint or other Sprint MVNOs, though you’d need to contact FreedomPop Customer Support first. Pleas note that if you take the phone elsewhere, you won’t be able to take advantage of FreedomPop’ free service.

The free data - is that through an existing wifi or do I need to purchase a separate wife router that only works with this? Can I use my existing wireless wife in my house with this that doesn’t use up the allotted free data?

LOL, “Can I use my existing wireless wife in my house” :stuck_out_tongue:

The 500MB of free data will come from the local 4G LTE and 3G network towers in your area. This is entirely separate from the WiFi network in your home, work, local library, etc…

Any internet usage that occurs while you’re connected to WiFi is NOT deducted from your free monthly data allotment.

auto-correct! Gotta love it!