FreedomPop Phone HTC Desire 510

Hi Woot! So great to be back here with a new deal for our Free Phone Service with a wide selection of Android phones. For those of you unfamiliar with FreedomPop service, I’ve included our top FAQs below (along with a link to a more expanded set). I’m happy to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to www.freedompop.com/activate. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Avoid FreedomPop at all costs.

I bought one off of a prior woot deal. The first phone sent was not flashed correctly and was stuck in a perpetual infinte boot loop. It took 3 weeks for FreedomPop to issue an RMA.
The replacement phone arrived 3 weeks later…it had a new screen but the case was beat to hell and the metal around the case was deformed.

Once I setup the account I discovered the calling app would crash whenever I tried to make a call. Also despite the Woot sales saying the phone included 50MB of free data, FreedomPop would not honor that deal when setting up my account. After attempting for over a month to get support to resolve those two issues, I finally gave up.

Just stay away from FreedomPop unless you intend to flash their phones to another provider…even then be aware that you may end up with a complete piece of crap for a phone.

I’ve seen your comments in a few of our threads. Please PM me if there is anything that I can assist with to help turn around your experience.