FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy Prevail - White

Hi Woot! Since Christmas is right around the corner, we’re happy to be here to offer some pretty sweet phones bundled with our 100% free phone service. I’ve add our top FAQs below (along with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be around to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to Activate | FreedomPop. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Be careful, I bought one of these phones before from woot,paid about 80$,tryed to set up the free account and was told by their company rep that I had to buy the phone from them???,another 80$ bucks BEWARE!

[QUOTE=mongothepillager, post:3, topic:517739]
Be careful, I bought one of these phones before from woot,paid about 80$,tryed to set up the free account and was told by their company rep that I had to buy the phone from them???,another 80$ bucks BEWARE! Makes a really nice 4 inch tablet and phone if you install Skype or majic jack and you,re at a free WiFi hotspot

Sounds like you were provided incorrect information. If you purchase the phone from Woot, there is no activation fee. Please PM me your information if you’d still like to get set up on FreedomPop.

Their service is horrendous! Sprint is their carrier. In network calls and texts are delayed. I was locked out of my house TODAY, called my other FP phone the wife has, it said not available; she had full bars, and the phone was ON! Calls and texts out of network are just fine. Paid or not, the service sucks, so stick with the free plan. Oh, and all features are paid plans; voicemsil, and sending MMS texts - ALL for a fee.

I’d wait a year or two to see if FP works out the kinks.
I bought the Samsung S3 about three months ago.
I live in an area with Sprint 4g, yet the FP service is poor.
-Texts are sent quickly, but if someone replies I do not get it until I’m connected to a separate WiFi.
-The Stagefright update keeps popping up, but I was told by tech support not to update it. The update appears every other day.
-It’s pretty obvious Tech support is overseas (India?). They try and are friendly, but the menus they work off of don’t really have solutions. They respond quickly to emails, but those seem like form letters.
-A few days ago they charged me for data.I think the phone started to update apps and it used the 500 mb of allocated data while the phone sat in my glove box.
-If the phone is shut off and then turned on, it will not reconnect unless I’m using WiFi. In order to reconnect it needs to update the FP settings which oddly enough needs to be done using WiFi. Once that is done, then it will allow connection to the FP services via Sprint.
-The phone tries to connect to every non-secure WiFi that it detects. I have even shut the WiFi off when traveling and through some weird programmer magic the WiFi turns back on by itself.

If you want a cell phone that has FREE cell/data service, but has so many kinks that you have to constantly play, fiddle, mess with, and tinker with it – this is the phone for you.