FreedomPop Samsung Galaxy S7

Hi all! So great to be back on Woot with some top smartphones that come with our 100% free phone service. Please see below for the top FAQs (plus with a link to a more expanded set). I’ll also be here to answer any questions in this thread or through PM!

** 1. Is FreedomPop really free?**
Yes, by activating on the 100% free plan, you’ll be able to get 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for free each and every month. Just buy the phone and you’ll never have to pay another phone bill again. Upgrading to unlimited talk & text is only $10.99/month.

** 2. What network does FreedomPop use? **
FreedomPop uses Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks. Calls and texts are made through FreedomPop’s VoIP messaging app, so you must have a data connection in order to send/receive calls and texts. Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage. As a way to save your free data allotment, you can also connect to any local WiFi network, such as the one in your home or work.

** 3. Are there any special add-on services that I can get? **
One of our top value-added services is Premium Voice. If Premium Voice is active on your account, then your phone calls will be redirected through Sprint’s Voice Network, rather than going through VoIP. Adding Premium Voice costs $3.99/month.

** 4. What do I do after receiving my phone? **
After you get your FreedomPop phone, please go to Activate | FreedomPop. Enter in the MEID of your phone, along with your desired email address to be associated with your FreedomPop account. Follow the steps to get fully activated. You will select your FreedomPop phone number during the activation process.

To see an even more expanded FAQs, please check out this page of the FreedomPop Community Forum! Hope everyone has a great day!

Freedom pop ripped me off. There are other companies such as republic that are wonderful and treat the customer well.

Do not get tricked into trying this! I did back when they had a cheap s3 on woot and it was terrible. First off the phone was a lot more heavily used than i anticipated. Scratched up and cracked case, stopped charging via the cable after 2 weeks. Had to buy an extra battery and charger to charge outside the phone. Service was very spotty, they offered “premium voice service” for an extra fee. Still sucked. Group and media messages are an extra fee. Still didn’t work even paying the fee. It’s super fun to find out everyone else has gone and done something fun without you because your crappy phone service didn’t get the message to you! And then the experience of trying to port my number out of freedom pop was the biggest pain ever. Please don’t make the same mistake I did with freedompop.

Just say “no” to Sprint before Sprint says “no” to you.

I have had the LG phone for a year.
I only got it for emergencies. I did not use it every month. SUDDENLY I had an emergency, went to use my freedompop phone, and it was DISABLED! I have the free service, and now I also get a warning that I have slow connection, and need to upgrade to premium service to get a better connection. NO tech support, NO phone communication, and NO WAY I ever buy another freedompop phone ever again. I did recommend them at one time, but I do not anymore. NOT EVEN WORTH IT AT ZERO COST!

I have a FreedomPop Galaxy S6. Before that I had a Freedompop Galaxy S4. They are both great phones, I upgraded because I wanted wireless charging which is amazing.

The Freedompop service has been great. I’m up to almost two years without paying a cell phone bill. The Sprint coverage is good enough in my area so I usually have multiple bars. I’m on Wifi at home and at work so I don’t use up very much data. I get the free 500MB and the extra 500MB for signing up for Freedom Friends. I rarely use up the first 500MB though because I’m usually on Wifi.

I do all my calls and texts via Google Hangouts and my calls work and sound great. I’m loving the S6 right now but it’s great to know I could upgrade to the S7 if I wanted to. Both my S4 and my S6 were spotless when I got them.

Strange how every Woot today in every other category, and over the past 2 weeks, has a direct link to the discussion threads right on the front page of each item, except this one. Why is that Woot, is it because you are in bed with another horrible company and you don’t want prospective buyers to see the warnings from other Wooters?

Typical of the new Woot.

It’s been that way for a couple years actually and has nothing to do with the product.

It happens when the offer has more than one sale in it. Each product within the event has a discussion link. We’d have to put multiple discussion buttons on the main page and that wouldn’t be easy to use.

Here’s another example.

Conspiracy hats can be put away.