PRODUCTS:
1 Fleur de Sel de Guérande 5oz glass jar
1 Fumée de Sel – Chardonnay & Oak Smoked Salt 5oz glass jar
1 Sel Gris de Guérande – Fine 6 oz glass jar

Product Website

Previous offers:
9/30/10
11/6/09

Yikes, I feel very unrefined right now. I’ve always just used table salt (and probably always will). I didn’t even know there was such a thing as finishing salts.

I have bought some of coarse table salt and must say I am really enjoying cooking with it.

That said, I think I need to level up my cooking some more before I go for one of these. :slight_smile:

I just recently went on a salt buying binge (Murray River flake salt, black lava flake salt, Hawaiian Sea Salt, Japanese Sea Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Utah Basin Salt, sel de mer, etc.). Oh, the joys of living in Seattle and having access to World Spice Merchants. Anyhow, these will make a wonderful addition to my collection.

Love this collection! I got this last year with the intention of giving it as a gift, and the packaging was so intriguing that I just had to open it to see the inside! (I still figured I’d give it as an unwrapped gift!) But then I broke one of the seals on the Fumee de sel jar and that was the end of the gifting concept! I’d easily have paid $24.99 for just the salts! The lovely glass tray is an added bonus! Not really convenient for salt serving in my opinion, but it sure looks beautiful when filled!

We got this in a prior Woot and it’s good stuff. From comments the last time it was up, I think they’ve improved the deal with a serving spoon too.

Alas, we don’t use much salt and are still well stocked.

hahaha looks like you guys switched the description. This doesn’t look like tea to me…

This is a pretty good deal, I’ve seen little salt trays for more than this alone. and good sel de guerande is like $16 by itself

I didn’t think I knew of them either, but then I recently discovered how amazing adding a little bit of sea salt is to a meal. I should get this because calling it a little bit of Sel Gris de Guérande makes me sound that much more refined.

Would I be able to leave the salt in the tray to use as a “pinchpot” or will it get cakey?

It’s not great for real long term storage, but we leave salt in the tray on the counter without significant problems.

I was a table/kosher/sea salt person for a long time. I finally tried some Salish alder smoked salt on a whim, and now I must have 12 different flavored/artisan salts at home at any given time. I love all the different flavors (Salish is awesome on grilled steaks and salmon!)

I just may have to grab this up as well.

I bought three of these last time - all as gifts for family. Everyone loved them!

Quick and easy tip for those who can’t cook, or who think their skills aren’t up to snuff for a good salt:

I have a friend in that boat, and what she does is walks around with a tiny jar of high quality salt (I think she uses Murray River flake salt). When she goes to restaurants, she whips it out and finishes the dish given to her with a little bit of it to great effect. I keep meaning to follow suit even though I can cook with high end salts, but keep forgetting to bring some with me.

So even if you don’t have the culinary chops to make a masterpiece on your own, you can still greatly enhance dishes someone else makes by having some with you.

I am waiting for a good Pinot. The wait is like rubbing salt in my wounds. At least it is a high quality salt…

Meh, salt

Hope some Judd’s Hill wine comes up soon…

Wait…so the write-up is about tea, until it’s actually selling salt?

Very happy to see this!

First last to woot for me!! Bought this for my sister-in-law @ Christmas and wish I had one for myself. I’m glad I got the chance. Thanks Woot