Friendly Robotics RL500 Robomower

Mowing has never been so easy. The The Robmower RL500 is a fully-robotic lawnmower that mows your grass so you don’'t have to.

Does the ROBOMOWER come with warranty from the manufacturer? If so, how many months is the standard warranty?

The Robomower comes with a 90 day warranty backed by the distributor

Is the Robomower refurbished item or a brand new item?

Where are you based? Alexa says you are based in Canada (OOS corp
1946 Workman Montreal, QC) but the domain is registered to a lawyer in Dallas. Also, how long have you been in business?

I’m not sure about this, can I get more details

The robomower is new, not refurbished. It is now a discontinued model but was new when we purchased them at auction due to the former distributor’s failure to pay it’s rent at a local warehouse. The only difference between this model and the newer RL550 is that the newer models have bigger knbby tires for better traction. The RL800 has the bigger tires and a more powerful motor

[quote user=“Alyson”]Where are you based? Alexa says you are based in Canada (OOS corp
1946 Workman Montreal, QC) but the domain is registered to a lawyer in Dallas. Also, how long have you been in business?[/quote]

We are based in Dallas, Texas. We purchased the domain name earlier this year and the old domain registration is in Canada. As stated in the FAQ, we are a disributor that has been in the wholesale business for over 10 years now. Woot.com is a new initiative for us and the Robomower is the first of many products that we will offer at amazing prices.

Sure. I am 5’11, 180lbs and a Leo. I like long walks on the beach and quiet evenings at the movies. Does that help any?

Hello,

It seems that this robomower has achieved a lot of attention. The price is good and many people are considering purchasing the mower. I suspect they are a little apprehensive about buying from your website, as it seems that the site appeared just today, and with a fantastic deal. Almost too good to be true. They have questions, and I am sure you would be happy to ease their concerns.

1. Your company has been doing business in the Dallas area for 10 years, and surely developed good standing in the trades. May we know the name of your company?

2. We understand that you are a distributor with no real retail sales operations. However, we are familiar with retail outlets and the typical policies of said businesses. For our benefit, could you briefly explain how the following situations would be handled?

a. If there is a problem with the online purchasing form, is there a phone number to call in or verify the order?

b. By which method do you ship the mower, and is a tracking number provided?

c. What happens if the mower is damaged or lost in shipping?

d. If the mower arrives undamaged, yet functions intermittently, unreliably, or not at all, what happens next?

1. Can you supply or provide a source for consumable replacement parts if needed?

2. We understand that there is a 90-day warranty, handled by a third-party distributor. Can you please provide us with the name and contact information of this distributor?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Your response is appreciated.

Hello,

It seems that this robomower has achieved a lot of attention. The price is good and many people are considering purchasing the mower. I suspect they are a little apprehensive about buying from your website, as it seems that the site appeared just today, and with a fantastic deal. Almost too good to be true. They have questions, and I am sure you would be happy to ease their concerns.

1. Your company has been doing business in the Dallas area for 10 years, and surely developed good standing in the trades. May we know the name of your company?

2. We understand that you are a distributor with no real retail sales operations. However, we are familiar with retail outlets and the typical policies of said businesses. For our benefit, could you briefly explain how the following situations would be handled?

a. If there is a problem with the online purchasing form, is there a phone number to call in or verify the order?

d. If the mower arrives undamaged, yet functions intermittently, unreliably, or not at all, what happens next?

1. Can you supply or provide a source for consumable replacement parts if needed?

2. We understand that there is a 90-day warranty, handled by a third-party distributor. Can you please provide us with the name and contact information of this distributor?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Your response is appreciated.

Thanks for the questions John (even though you posted them twice)

No, you may not. We have nothing to hide from you, but our wholesale accounts would most likely be upset that we are selling select products to the general public at a cost which is less than they can buy them. So for now - just think of us as Woot.

No, there is no phone number to call. We could bump the cost of all the products up to pay for one, but that’s not really what you want is it? You may address these issues by sending an email to service@woot.com

We ship primarily via FedEx Express Saver although sometimes your shipment will arrive via UPS Ground service. Tracking information is provided.

You may address these issues by sending an email to rma@woot.com

You may address these issues by sending an email to rma@woot.com

3. Can you supply or provide a source for consumable replacement parts if needed?

For this specific product - replacement parts are available directly from the manufacturer at http://www.friendlyroboticsusa.com/doc/products.htm

4. We understand that there is a 90-day warranty, handled by a third-party distributor. Can you please provide us with the name and contact information of this distributor?

Warranty provider and contact information will be available in the form of a warranty card in the box.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Your response is appreciated

Interesting since this page: http://www.friendlyroboticsusa.com/ebay.htm says the RL500 “will not perform or operate in a satisfactory manner” along with “These units carry NO WARRANTY from Friendly North America” …

anyone get one of these yesterday? I was thinking about it but saw some questions about whether this was a real offering.

Robomowers shipped today - should arrive to most of you by Friday.

I actually want one of these but came across this site a day late. I am curious what WOOT! was selling them for, that information is no longer available. Can someone post it please?

:?: Ground control to Major Woot…I ordered my mower on Monday and want to know when it will ship. :?:

No replies from service@woot.com as suggested earlier in the thread.

Thanks Daddio!

the automatic tracking email was not working monday-tuesday. Fed-Ex Saver is a 3 day service. The boxes of bricks and dirt we sent should be arriving to you tommorrow. (we heard that folks with negative experiences tell 7 times more people about us - so thanks in advance!)

side note to all buyers in this thread – thanks for participating in the Woot.com launch – consider yourselves charter memebers of the most annoying store ever.

woot:Snapster

My RoboMower just arrived via FedEx in a factory sealed box from Friendly Robotics. It will take 24 hours to charge before I can report on the functionality.

You roll the dice, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose…I won big today.

Woot is for real!

I joined to late for this deal, how much was it for sale for here on woot?

[quote user=“pantelones”]My RoboMower just arrived via FedEx in a factory sealed box from Friendly Robotics. It will take 24 hours to charge before I can report on the functionality.

You roll the dice, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose…I won big today.

Woot is for real![/quote]