Friendly Robotics RL500 Robomower

[quote user=“Technomage”]I joined to late for this deal, how much was it for sale for here on woot?
[/quote]
It was $180 + $5 S/H… Great compared to the $500 list price.

I received my Robomower last night and let it charge overnight. Today I set up 1 mowing zone in my lawn and let it do it’s thing. It actually works, with a few caveats:

1. The batteries have a date code of 2000 (4 years old). I doubt that they will hold a full charge, although mine went for at least 2 hours.
  2. The mower mows in a random fashion and will leave unmown areas regardless how long it mows.
  3. It is difficult to manually drive the mower to get the unmowed spots. Maybe I will get better with practice.

All in all this was a good deal, but to think that this will replace your regular lawn mower is a mistake. This item has major geek appeal.

I ran the robomower over the same area that it partially cut yesterday and it hit nearly every bit of that lawn section (50’ X 60’). It looks like it takes two passes (2 hours each) to do a good job.

Today FedEx attempted to deliver a second Robomower ( I only ordered one, and a scanner the next day). We refused delivery, so we’ll have to see what happens. I see in the scanner group that someone else got my friend’s scanner and they don’t have the keyboard they ordered.

Dear WOOT:
I want a Robomower. Please sell me any Robomower you get back from people who have refused delivery! My pushmower just died last Friday. :cry:

The Aspire was OOS and I found out Woot sold Robomower last week…
Gee…I guess I was late by a week…
Can I still buy this robomower? Do you still have it in stock?

I’m also interested in a Robomower if you get any more in at that price. Thanks. mz7@gmx.net

Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.

Okay, its been 2 weeks…anyone lose any pets to the robomower?

Know your roots.

So this is how it all started. Interesting thread. Skeptism, lots of questions, an attitude from “management” (some things don’t change :wink: ) and Woot! is born.

Today (May 2005) an almost fanatical and very loyal following. Way to launch and build a franchise!

And I made Page 2…

Farmer John
Marriottsville, Maryland
Loyal Wooter since December '04

<(— Charter Member :slight_smile:

i know someone with one he says it still has some bugs [lol]

How much did this item sell for the first time?

(not only am I curious, but I also want old threads to jump to the top of the message board).

Does the ROBOMOWER come with warranty from the manufacturer? If so, how many months is the standard warranty?

The Robomower comes with a 90 day warranty backed by the distributor

Is the Robomower refurbished item or a brand new item?

Where are you based? Alexa says you are based in Canada (OOS corp
1946 Workman Montreal, QC) but the domain is registered to a lawyer in Dallas. Also, how long have you been in business?

I’m not sure about this, can I get more details

The robomower is new, not refurbished. It is now a discontinued model but was new when we purchased them at auction due to the former distributor’s failure to pay it’s rent at a local warehouse. The only difference between this model and the newer RL550 is that the newer models have bigger knbby tires for better traction. The RL800 has the bigger tires and a more powerful motor