Friendly Robotics RL500 Robomower

Welcome to the Robomower topic page for this product on Thursday, August 5th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments for the RL500 Robomower here…

Official Woot Price: $219.99 w/ $5.00 Shipping!

Woot has already sold “24-Hours” of these for $180.00 w/ $5.00 shipping.

Hmm… $40.00 more???

Nite Guyz & Galz!

Thanks, but I’ll pass :slight_smile:

Wasn’t the first one a lot cheaper?

:?:

WTF? More expensive?

And the old thread is gone? What gives?

I’ll pass on this one.

Old thread isn’t gone - Try setting it to view a month instead of 2(?) weeks.

Poor Woot! Must be running out of merch :cry: Hopefully that isn’t the case for long.

Suprisingly enough this is still a great price :lol:

[size=9:10e6223b77]Sadly, my lawn is so small I can mow it with scissors. And those are at most a couple of bucks. I just can’t rationalize a $219.99 +5 robot to do it for me.[/size:10e6223b77]

:frowning: i got the feeling that prices starting to go up.

Considering all of us are the on-a-whim purchasing types, posting items over 100 bucks seems a little pointless. I’m sure someone will buy this thing, but when I’mchomping at the bit for 24 hours to see whats next, I’m really looking for something cool and cheap. Something that wont make me think twice about spending that amount without putting time into looking around for product reviews and cheaper prices. :?
Robomower…cool? maybe…a little… cheap? not cheap enough for an on-the-whim purchase.
Personally, I want to see cool things that are in the price range that doesn’t make me feel the need to research the thing before droppin that kinda dough. The one penny fan was great, it got me hooked on woot while hadnt even bought anythign from it yet! But now, seeing what i’ve seen today and yesterday, I probably wont keep waiting with anticipation anymore if it continues this trend. :frowning:

anyone have any reviews on this thing? i’m thinking about ordering one for fun, but it is a lot of money. :S

You all don’t understand how woot! works do you? They sell stuff for just over what they themselves can get it for.

From the FAQ:

woot.com is an online store and community run by the employees of a 10 year old consumer electronics distributor that focuses on close-outs and generally buying stuff cheap. Since the distributor doesn’t sell to end users, Woot, Inc provides us with an employee-store slash market-testing type of place.

Stop complaining!

Yeah, I c no reason why the price going up? Because too many ppl want it? But I think they want it at previous price. Hmm, $40 more? I don’t know. I’m thinking if Woot has Home theater system again, but $40 more, will I buy it without second think? Hmm … …

Careful man, im not sure its a good idea to give a motorized blade permission to roam freely about the cabin

It did go up a lot. It would be neat to buy one…but the fact that it is over $200 somehow makes it seem more of a major purchase if it doesn’t actually cut the lawn correctly. I have a long lawn with a 4 foot hill on the side and a house in the middle. Would the mower be able to negotiate the side of the hill. I know that the space probes on Mars had some problems and they weren’t even cutting grass.

I am guessing that the price increase is due to the real shipping cost…

90 day distributor warranty… looks like Friendly ISN’T doing the warranty thing! Oh well, $40 bucks, big deal. I’ll use this to terrorize my cat or something.

[quote user=“monkerinos”]Considering all of us are the on-a-whim purchasing types, posting items over 100 bucks seems a little pointless. I’m sure someone will buy this thing, but when I’mchomping at the bit for 24 hours to see whats next, I’m really looking for something cool and cheap. Something that wont make me think twice about spending that amount without putting time into looking around for product reviews and cheaper prices. :?
Robomower…cool? maybe…a little… cheap? not cheap enough for an on-the-whim purchase.
Personally, I want to see cool things that are in the price range that doesn’t make me feel the need to research the thing before droppin that kinda dough. The one penny fan was great, it got me hooked on woot while hadnt even bought anythign from it yet! But now, seeing what i’ve seen today and yesterday, I probably wont keep waiting with anticipation anymore if it continues this trend. :([/quote]
well put…that’s exactly the same point i was saying last week, and people were biting my head off for it…

A classic business model, start out with low prices to get the people in, then raise them up to mainitain margins. Way to go woot!

Bite! Bite!