Fujifilm 64-GB 4K Full HD, Flash Memory Card SDXC UHS-I

Fujifilm 64-GB 4K Full HD, Flash Memory Card SDXC UHS-I

Pretty sure this is NOT the form factor which will fit into a phone, for example - the graphic shows the large “body” which nowadays is the empty carrier for an SD memory device so as to fit into the older-style card slots - and does NOT show the smaller like-a-SIM-card device in the packaging.

2 Likes

It doesn’t say it’s for a phone. Seems to make a bigger deal that it’s for a camera. This is a full sized SD card made for those applications. Cellphones generally use the MicroSD form factor.

3 Likes

That’s correct, this is a regular SD card… not a micro SD, which is what phones use.

It’s called a microSD. Which this is not, nor does it claim to be. Not sure what you’re going on about…

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Aside from that… I have had issues in the past with Fuji memory crashing and losing all my pictures stored on the card :frowning:

Cheap memory results in memory loss. Its best not to be frugal when looking for brain matter IMO obviously as many were sold.

And here I thought it was my old age. You’re saying my parents bought cheap memory? Can I upgrade? Is it too late?

4 Likes

As memory gets heated it gets implemented and unfortunately can’t be removed easily also doing so causes catastrophic failure.

Thought this was a micro to fit into my Amazon Fire…nope.

What gave you that impression? I originally saw the LOCK v immediately knew this was the housing for the SD memory not microSD. NO microSD will have that lock feature which is always shown on the housing of the SD.

Probably because it’s rare to see a SD memory card nowadays. Usually it’s a microSD and the housing.

I guess this could be useful for a camera, to transfer data, maybe keep some movies on it if laptop or chromebook has SD card slot.

You can reduce, but not replace built-in memory. No user serviceable parts and all those disclaimers.

They say as one gets older the first thing that goes is your… uhm… er… I forget, but the second thing that goes is one’s memory.

I would put all my money on these were originally packaged with microSD and as people weren’t needing the SD housing manufacturer decided what better way to cut cost and provide it without the microSD.