Full Size Memory Foam Mattress

is this the same one that was on woot a few weeks ago for like $300?

Ok, is the pillow top one just a layer of memory foam as the pillow top, on top of a non-memory foam mattress, or is it two different types of memory foam? I already have a 2" memory foam mattress topper, and it would be redundant to buy it if it’s essentially the same thing. Also, is the full mattress significantly warmer than a 2" topper? I am warm natured, but have been OK with the topper even in the summer.

That was Queen size.

I’m very excited to see the full size in this mattress available on woot. My bff got the queen size one last year and she LOVES it! I’ve been so jealous but no longer! Yay for woot and comfy mattress’! :slight_smile:

Foam mattresses are very comfortable. I’ve used my friends’ mattress when I house sit for them. Although I’m over 30lbs overweight, I only experienced a small dip into the mattress. It’s not a hammock effect. It seems to be the mattress conforming itself to the body.
When I wake, it seems as though I’ve moved less while asleep. However, I don’t have confirmation via a video of my sleeping patterns.
My friends do say that their tempurpedic king is heavy. Since this is a full sized mattress, this may not be as big of an issue.
Specialized sheets aren’t necessary. However, if you got the pillow top, you’ll probably need to ensure that your fitted has deep enough pockets to accommodate the extra height.

The main negative I can think of is that it retains body heat. It doesn’t breathe very well. In addition, when you wake you have to make an effort to roll out of bed.

Personally, I love the foam. I use it for my pillow and use the topper. If my mattress didn’t have 10 or so years left, I would definitely look at getting this.

Anyone know the shipping size of this?

I’m of the heavier demographic and was wondering how comfortable memory foam is for us larger folk. I’m in dire need of a mattress, but low on funds and selection in my area.

I’ve heard other memory foam mattresses have issues with heat retention.

How bad does this get in the summer?

I’ve got a simple metal bar type futon frame with a similar memory foam mattress. I’ve tried to use it in the bench position, and will say it won’t work unless the frame has full length borders to keep the mattress from pushing itself off the edges.

They do make specialized memory foam futon mattresses that are notched in the middle to allow folding, but it’s a bit of a rare find (only in futon/covertible stores).

If you decide to use this with a futon frame, it may help to place a thick canvas (or wooden platform?) under the mattress because the springs or bars will eventually chew through the memory foam.

Yeah going into a bedding store you’ll see full, double, ‘matrimonial’ - it’s all the same I think.

Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly is this shipped? Highly compressed? Is it really sturdy enough to not need a box spring? If compression is the way it’s shipped, is it possible to “recompress” for easy relocation?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Im in for one

I can’t speak for Woot-- but when I bought my last mattress, they had it fully compressed (via shrink wrap and vacuum, I assume) and rolled into a GIANT tube.

I had so much fun opening it, then cutting the plastic off of it and watching it expand. It was like those foam bath toys in the pills from when I was a kid, but MASSIVE.

ahem Rambling aside…

I wouldn’t think you could “recompress” it, given that I think it was specialty machinery that did it in the first place.

Anyways, in for one! Boyfriend’s birthday gift, replacing the prior mattress that is long overdue for the dumpster. :smiley:

If you are moving, save the packing stuff and just call your local vacuum demo person to come show off their vac’s wonderful suction power! Then tell them to come back “next week” :slight_smile:
Brian

Very ture

I won’t be moving for another year, but our mattress is currently awful. I can’t convince my girlfriend to buy a new one because she is convinced we will sell off all our belongings and repurchase at our new location. I was hoping to con her into getting this. haha. I suppose I could “pretend” it will recompress, right? She’ll never know.

Thanks for the input. Seems like an easy fix for the savings on the mattress and it will beat the springs on the old one

Nope… my roommate has it and it’s certainly not flexible enough to be folded up on a futon. Besides-- this is way more than you’d ever want to spend on a futon mattress anyway. Go with something cheaper and more suited for the job.

A California King full mattress is compressed into the size of a footlocker, so a Full would be almost half that.

You don’t need a box spring…you can tell when you sit on it whether you have a box spring or not because you will/won’t get that little bounce, but once you already are sitting or prone, you cannot tell any difference. Platform beds are a big improvement anyway (less waste on the environment, more space under your bed).

You will not have any luck recompressing it without commercial grade suction power. Using a vacuum compressor won’t work…this thing will laugh at the most powerful Dyson after chewing it up and spitting it out like a plate of bad bangers.

Keep in mind though that this will compress no less than a traditional mattress would. :slight_smile:

It does.

After a couple years, your sleeping area will be softer…you can get a little bit longer out of it by flipping…not much, but a little.