FurHaven Sofa-Style Orthopedic Pet Bed

FurHaven Sofa-Style Orthopedic Pet Bed

1 Like

This is a really good deal. I bought 2 of the jumbo + from the mothership around Thanksgiving and paid far more.

One went to a friends house who has a senior dog that has walking/joint and other health issues. He LOVES this bed, so much so they have to carry it back and forth from their bedroom to the family room for him - otherwise he throws a fit. He and his two little sisters who are a solid 25 lbs have been on it constantly since Thanksgiving and it doesn’t have any indents or depressions in it.

KC, Khloe and Karlie

Furhaven Orthopedic CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Pet Beds for Small, Medium, and Large Dogs and Cats - Plush and Suede Sofa, Comfy Couch Dog Bed, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759HXZYY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_E3D3WVM5VF2RY2AJWS6V?psc=1

7 Likes

I bought two Furhaven Faux Fleece & Corduroy Chaise Lounge Orthopedic Sofa Pet Bed (a different style) from woot for my black lab 18 months ago. They only lasted about a year. She tore through the thin material and the foam rips apart very easily with chunks getting all over the place. I don’t recommend these for a large dog. Possibly good for small dogs.

Are the bolsters attached to the mattress? If not, since they appear to be filled with shredded foam, my dog would carry them around and possibly rip them open.

Yes, the bolster is attached to the mattress. The outer cover is one piece, but with two zippers. One zipper lets you remove the rectangular foam base & the other lets you remove the tube holding the bolster material, which is a fluffy batting material.

My dog LOVES his Furhaven bed. We cover it with a couple of yards of fleece fabric that we can easily launder. We have a couple of lengths of fleece that can be traded at laundry time so the bed is always covered.

I have a couple of the smaller Furhaven beds for my cats. I cover them with a yard of fleece, too, to make them cozy & launder easily (hairballs, shedded fur, etc.)

4 Likes

Thank you! Bummer that the Small one is not available here today. I measured the medium and it won’t fit the bedroom corner where she likes to be.

1 Like

I have had many of these over the years. They last and hold up surprisingly well. Probably lasted 2 to 3 years each one with being put through the wash a few times. Best bed we have used yet. Fun fact, two jumbos is just about the size of a full size bed or futon. Those two lasted 4 to 5 years being laid on very often by my large dog, me and wife. We threw a full size sheet over the top them to keep them in place and together.

1 Like

I have four of the mediums, and my pups love them. So far, they have not ripped through, in spite of one of my pups scratching at it quite often. The first pair I got have been in use over a year, and the second pair I’ve had for only a couple of months. So far, so good. The covers are easy to clean – foam for both the bolster and the platform come out and you toss into the wash. I always wash on cold and air dry so I have he’d no problem with shrinkage. So far, highly recommended.

1 Like

I had a smaller version when my 2 aussie/blue heelers were pups and they pulled the bolsters out and shredded them. They are now 18 months old and seem to be out of the shredding phase, but I don’t 100% trust them yet - so they have limited access to the bed - I have a king size fuzzy blanket that they have made their bed and it works great - nothing on the inside to pull out.

My aussie pups will all get on the jumbo together, they love it - but like another Wooter said - the jumbo is HUGE so it isn’t the easiest to find a place for.

You can see if the pic I posted how long it is compared to their case under the tv - I think their tv is a 55 or 65 inch for reference.

1 Like

I bought one of these a few years back and my dog prefers everything humans use. If I make this pet bed my favorite hangout spot he just might lay on it

1 Like

As for the bolsters - my pups really do use them

1 Like

You may wind up fighting over it

1 Like

Nope, the bolster is not attached to the mattress, it’s in a separate zippered compartment of the cover.
Also, the cover is gossamer thin, all of the dogginess goes straight through to the foam.
The foam on the bolstered edge never did expand, see photo

Dog loves this thing regardless lol

This was yesterday - Frankie came for a visit and the Frenchy’s wouldn’t share

1 Like