CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2006 Rancho Galante Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Blackjack Pasture Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/28/11

Bought the 3 pac back on 9/28, delivery tomorrow. paid $69 for three this one has the same two 2006 cabs for $49, this might be good for someone who miss the 9/28 woot.

Drat I missed the Kunde

I was not a fan of the 2006 Rancho Galante Cabernet Sauvignon.

These are big, cowboy-steak eatin’ Cabs… Especially the Blackjack Pasture…

Can you tell us what you didn’t like about it? Thanks!

Same boat. The 2008 that was included before seem to elicit some confusion (and hesitation) but I’m eager to try these to and think I’ll enjoy them. Woot Woot!

If this woot-off goes into extra innings I’m sunk.

Have you received yours yet? I know these wootoff’s cost me a bundle, but I’m addicted. :slight_smile:

The guys at Stapleton-Spence (dried fruit and nuts) keep talking to me about Brix levels and I know how it applies to prune concentrate (ok, so I know just a little), but how should I process information about Brix Levels in wine? The higher the Brix the more alcohol percentage? Then there is something about acid levels and possibly also tannins that a high brix might imply?

Brix is a measurement of sugar in any liquid solution; in this case, grape juice. Alcohol comes from yeast eating sugar. So, the higher the brix at picking, the higher potential alcohol content there is. If the brix gets higher than wanted, the wine could be a) overly alcoholic or b) overly alcoholic and then watered down by winery or c) sweet due to undigested sugars. Generally speaking, higher temps = higher brix = higher alcohol percentage.

The acidity you’re speaking of is a different measurement. There are two: pH and TA. Those will affect how the wine interacts with your palate, food you’re eating while drinking, taste perceptions, etc. Tannin is a form of acid, but is not measured by either of the aforementioned. The tannin comes from grape skins, stems, seeds, and the oak barrels. Over time, the tannins become to amalgamate, forming larger molecules, making them “softer” or “smoother” as opposed to “young,” “grainy,” or “green” tannins. Fun, huh? :slight_smile:

I am new to understanding wine, but I know it has to do with the sugar content at harvest and I it is an indicator of alcohol percentage. Try these links for more help:

Oh this is a much better answer than mine! +1