Galloping Cow's Sparkler Bomb

GC, now that Woot 2.0 is working, did you ever get around to making Sparkler Bomb 2.0? I put sparkler bomb in the search box and got nothin’ on it, but if/when you do that I’m still interested in the video you get…

haven’t made another one yet. not really sure what i’m waiting for. i guess i’d like a larger crowd so i’m not going to incinerate my whole case of sparklers for my own amusement.

i guess this is as good a place as any to make future plans though.

if anyone has anything they would like to be sacrificed in the next one, i hear that can be quite a lot of fun.

i’m also open to having anyone over for the event if you’re in the area.

if a bunch of people are interested, i could take donations to fund the purchase of enough sparklers to make a good sized crater.

open to suggestions for anything else. [:D]

you can get woody1 and wootedo to use their new HI8 camera to create a live webcast experience of your new sparkler bomb!!

I hope you bought three of those camcorders. Multiple angles would rock.

Oh yeah, and Woot, Inc. disavows any knowledge of whatever foolish activity you’re talking about participating in here.

I hope you bought three of those camcorders. Multiple angles would rock.

Oh yeah, and Woot, Inc. disavows any knowledge of whatever foolish activity you’re talking about participating in here.[/quote]
how about two cameras separated by a few inches for stereoscopic view?
that would be killer.

[quote user=“GallopingCow”]
if anyone has anything they would like to be sacrificed in the next one, i hear that can be quite a lot of fun.

i’m also open to having anyone over for the event if you’re in the area.

if a bunch of people are interested, i could take donations to fund the purchase of enough sparklers to make a good sized crater.

open to suggestions for anything else. [:D][/quote]

Hey…ya’ never sent me your PayPal info…you know how much I like to see things blow. I’m still shocked at the cost.

As far something to sacrifice, I can think of a couple of people, but they’re harder to ship than kittens, hehe. Ya’ might find something to blow up in your NYC BOC, if I ever stop spending so much time here and pack the stuff up.

What did the last sparkler bomb take out?

Glad that there is planning underway for this important project. I am trying to think of a good sacrifice but stuck at the moment.

I’m only about 3 hours away (Shreveport) so witnessing this event in person might be doable although if gas keeps going up I might just have to settle for video.

How many sparklers d’ya think it would take to make a crater? Can you order sparklers in Texas year-round from one of the fireworks wholesalers?

[quote user=“lmgaines”]What did the last sparkler bomb take out?
[/quote]
a coolwhip container

[quote user=“djslack”]Glad that there is planning underway for this important project. I am trying to think of a good sacrifice but stuck at the moment.

I’m only about 3 hours away (Shreveport) so witnessing this event in person might be doable although if gas keeps going up I might just have to settle for video.

How many sparklers d’ya think it would take to make a crater? Can you order sparklers in Texas year-round from one of the fireworks wholesalers?[/quote]
i’ve got about 2 cases of sparklers now, so that might be enough to make the asphalt a bit squishy. that’s about 5+ times bigger than the one in the video.

[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=29LPUTL1[/url]

Multi color mixture? Oh wait… how about sticking about 10 pounds of those little snake tables around the bottom of the sparklers.

we could grow a serpent of biblical proportions!

[]1. Thanks for posting the link
[
]2. SWEET!
[/list]

tha main thing one can learn from this video is that somebody desparetely needs to buy a freakin’ tripod!

I made a couple ~300 sparkler “devices” a few years back. The first worked great, but for the second one I tried to sacrifice an AOLCD by putting it on top. it didn’t work too well, as the CD deflected most of the light and flames back downward, and the ignition time was too small to really do significant damage to the disk. (I wanted melted blob of goo, I only got warping and charring on one side)

still, for sacrifices to the sparkler gods, I would try one of those really cheap quality barbie doll knockoffs. THey have such thin plastic and are skinny enough that the flames would probably engulf it and cause some spectactular disfigurement.

[quote user=“hatzs”]
still, for sacrifices to the sparkler gods, I would try one of those really cheap quality barbie doll knockoffs. THey have such thin plastic and are skinny enough that the flames would probably engulf it and cause some spectactular disfigurement.[/quote]
The stuff on sparklers may be different now than 20+ years ago, but I used to make a paste with distilled water, and fill . . . stuff . . . with it. You just have to wait a couple of weeks to be sure it has fully dried. That is - if you don’t have a vacuum chamber to accelerate the process [;-)]

when I was a kid I used to eat sparkler paste. I always had to outshine the kids who only ate regular paste.

[quote user=“obob”][quote user=“hatzs”]
still, for sacrifices to the sparkler gods, I would try one of those really cheap quality barbie doll knockoffs. THey have such thin plastic and are skinny enough that the flames would probably engulf it and cause some spectactular disfigurement.[/quote]
The stuff on sparklers may be different now than 20+ years ago, but I used to make a paste with distilled water, and fill . . . stuff . . . with it. You just have to wait a couple of weeks to be sure it has fully dried. That is - if you don’t have a vacuum chamber to accelerate the process [;-)][/quote]
Sure hope you aren’t one of the people that got an enema in their BOC.