Galloping Cow's Sparkler Bomb

lol a fun thread this is : )

So GC, what’s the status on 'da bomb?

1. And for those who may be interested, Here’s a couple pics from last year where I made one. I think this was about 300 or 350 #8 sparklers.
  2. right as it catches fire
  3. peak of the blast. flames are at least 5-6 ft tall.
  4. as the sparks die down, a big ball of fire mushrooms upward
    (note the scary faces in the flames. spooky, huh?)
  5. my sister examining the aftermath the next day.

Other than the scorched earth, there weren’t any sacrifices to this sparkler bomb, but it was still greatly enjoyed by all present.

Ooooooo, hatz…very nice!

GC!

[quote user=“hatzs”]So GC, what’s the status on 'da bomb?

Other than the scorched earth, there weren’t any sacrifices to this sparkler bomb, but it was still greatly enjoyed by all present.[/quote]
that’s pretty awesome.

i think my dad’s trying to talk his friend from work into letting us do one at the next fish-fry we have up there at his place. he has cows way out in no-man’s land, so i’ll feel right at home, and there should be plenty of room. [:P]

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but…

1. TO ANYBODY WHO IS CONTEMPLATING MAKING THEIR OWN SPARKLER BOMBS:
  2. 1) Safety first! if you have any doubts about making one, then don’t do it.
  3. 2) Not pictured in the above pictures is the fuse for this thing. Basically, you leave one sparkler sticking 4-6 inches above the rest, and light that single sparkler. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER DIRECTLY LIGHT MORE THAN ONE SPARKLER AT A TIME!!! Yes, the single sparkler will take its time burning down to the rest, but that is a good thing. It lets you get far enough away to keep from being seriuosly injured.
  4. 3) These things are @$&!ing hot and bright. Make sure that you have a large quantity of water on hand to douse the area when you are done. Watch out for the sparks that will be thrown upwards from the flames. they can travel far and light other things on fire too. Be careful about staring directly at one when they ignite. Ever seen magnesium ribbon burn? This is very similar. It can really hurt your eyes.
  5. 4) I take no responsibility for any of your actions. If anyone makes their own and hurts themselves in the process… well, you don’t know me. I’m just another random semi-anonymous person on the internet.

Anyway, having put forth all that disclaimer… have fun ya’ll and let’s go blow some *&%^ up!

LOL! I’m rather amused by the google ads that keep popping up. RIght now for this post, it’s trying to sell me: T Bomb 2, Stink Bombs, Bath Bomb Recipe, and… 8MM Camcorders !?!

Funny I think we broke it… mine just says “View Ads about [input box]” with a button.

[quote user=“Snookered”]
Sure hope you aren’t one of the people that got an enema in their BOC.[/quote]
Nope.
And I don’t think anyone would really care if I “remaunfactured” this Palm IIIe yet again, with explosives.

I wonder how many sparklers it would take to destroy one of those remote control dinosaurs…

i bet i’ve got enough if you want to send me one to try. [;)]

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

haven’t made another one yet. not really sure what i’m waiting for. i guess i’d like a larger crowd so i’m not going to incinerate my whole case of sparklers for my own amusement.

i guess this is as good a place as any to make future plans though.

if anyone has anything they would like to be sacrificed in the next one, i hear that can be quite a lot of fun.

i’m also open to having anyone over for the event if you’re in the area.

if a bunch of people are interested, i could take donations to fund the purchase of enough sparklers to make a good sized crater.

open to suggestions for anything else. [:D]

you can get woody1 and wootedo to use their new HI8 camera to create a live webcast experience of your new sparkler bomb!!

I hope you bought three of those camcorders. Multiple angles would rock.

Oh yeah, and Woot, Inc. disavows any knowledge of whatever foolish activity you’re talking about participating in here.

how about two cameras separated by a few inches for stereoscopic view?
that would be killer.

Hey…ya’ never sent me your PayPal info…you know how much I like to see things blow.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/045.gif

I’m still shocked at the cost.

As far something to sacrifice, I can think of a couple of people, but they’re harder to ship than kittens, hehe. Ya’ might find something to blow up in your NYC BOC, if I ever stop spending so much time here and pack the stuff up.

What did the last sparkler bomb take out?

Glad that there is planning underway for this important project. I am trying to think of a good sacrifice but stuck at the moment.

I’m only about 3 hours away (Shreveport) so witnessing this event in person might be doable although if gas keeps going up I might just have to settle for video.

How many sparklers d’ya think it would take to make a crater? Can you order sparklers in Texas year-round from one of the fireworks wholesalers?

a coolwhip container

i’ve got about 2 cases of sparklers now, so that might be enough to make the asphalt a bit squishy. that’s about 5+ times bigger than the one in the video.