Gama Sonic Outdoor Lighting

Woot Staff: Concerning the Gama Sonic Outdoor LiGama Sonic GS-80 Solar-Charged Illuminated Address Lighting. How many of each number included? My address has 3 of its 5 numbers the same so will this accomodate that?

Thanks for your question. Yes, the kit includes three of each number 0-9 and four letters (N,S,E,W). You should be fine with what comes in the box, but if there is a problem with the numbers you receive, feel free to call Gama Sonic at 800-835-4113, and we’ll take care of it.

Best regards,

Gama Sonic Support

Woot staff, concerning the Gama Sonic GS-106F-B Baytown Solar-Charged LED Lantern with 3-Inch Fitter for Post Mount, Black.
What is the measurement for this light? (Height, Width ???)

Hello, and thanks for your question. The light is 8.5 inches wide on both sides at its widest and 18.5 inches high from top of the finial to the base of the mount. The glass panes through which the light emits each measure 5.5 inches tall and about 5 inches wide at the top. They gradually taper to 3 inches at the bottom of the fixture. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Gama Sonic Support

Oh, look, a Gama Sonic staff.

How is the lantern’s light compared to, say, a conventional gas light? Also, how long do lights last during the winter months?

How bright are the wall-mountable lanterns? Please shed some light on this issue

These are not our brightest wall lanterns. They are about 70-80 lumens in brightness. There are various lumens-to-wattage comparisons, but there are so many factors that will determine whether you find the brightness suitable. We have Baytown wall sconces on either side of our garage, and they provide the light we need, but our house also is next to the municipal street light, so our requirements aren’t the same as if we were at the end of a country road. I’d say they have the brightness of a 20W-30W bulb in a cool white color. If you need a lot of brightness, there are better options.

Best Regards,

Gama Sonic Support

The lights in this event aren’t the brightest in our range. Take a look at my post right above this one for more of my commentary on brightness. As far as run time, they need 5-6 hours of sun to fully charge the battery for the 8 expected hours of light. You can roughly estimate 1.5 hours of run time for every hour of sun. Your results may vary depending on whatever factors in your environment impede sunlight reaching the panels.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gama Sonic Support

Hi-

Just wondering if these solar lights have replaceable batteries. I have had solar lights in the past that slowly lost their ability to hold a charge.

I’m specifically wondering about the post lamp, but people would probably like to know on the others as well.

Thanks!

The Amazon detail page says 1 Lithium ion battery is required. Hope that helps, and hopefully the Gama Sonic rep pops back in and can help explain the solar-charge concept a bit more.

Yes, all of our light fixtures have replaceable battery packs. Most use a one-cell Lithium Ion plugged-end battery pack that is good for about 1,000 discharge/charge cycles. The GS-80 illuminated address sign is one exception. It comes with standard rechargeable AA batteries. All our other fixtures we use battery packs that plug into the fixtures to avoid corrosion at the contact points.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gama Sonic Support

Can you give a basic idea of the install for the led shed light? Does this involve drilling a hole in the roof of my shed? My roof is shingled. I really need a decent light out there and don’t want to run a wire. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply to your question. Yes, with the Crown shed light you drill a single hole and insert the light fixture through the hole to the solar panel on the outside and tighten them together–no wires needed. This is not a super-bright light. In this case, to keep the fixture compact and allow for the one-hole installation, we had to give up something, which was a big light fixture powered by a big solar panel. If you’re looking for convenience and a little extra lighting in your shed, that’s what the Crown is good for. If you’re looking for something that fills the space with bright light, we have better options. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gama Sonic Suport

Yes, very helpful, thank you! I’m not sure it would be bright enough for some of the work I do in the shed. I’ll be searching for a brighter one. I love this idea though! Thanks!!!

I just found the “Light My Shed III” carried at Home Depot and Lowes. That looks like what I need. I’ll be picking one up this weekend.

Great, that’s our brighter shed light, and we hope it works for you. You can reach us through our website if you have questions when it comes to installation.

Best,

Gama Sonic Support

Why are the specs not included for the rechargeable work light? How big is it? a need to know for what I want it for.