Gamo Lady Recon Air Rifle

awwwwww yeah pink air rifle!

POP, POP! pop pop pop! PEEEW

*that last blast was my pink lightsaber

I don’t know about the rest of Cali, but I’m here in the 94130 (part of SF, CA), and I think most of the Bay Area is in the "94101-96970 " as well, so maybe not =(

PSA: Please people, teach your kids proper gun handling from the get go. Don’t just hand jr. his nifty new pink Gamo and a box of pellets and send him off to get sent to juvie by officer WMD!

Check out one of the few pro-gun and pro-safety sites around:

And read them the Constitution and the Bill of Rights! :wink:

This is considered a youth rifle.

I was thinking about buying this to shoot paper targets with but with it being a youth size and pink, its a no go for me. You can get the black version of this gun with the scope for $65.00 plus shipping.

Perfect first gun for my daughter! I don’t like the barrel break with combination pump/cocking mechanism. I would prefer having something with a variable pump (so you can control the power) and bolt action, but hey, for this price this is a great deal.

She is NOT the kinda girl who likes pink though, so the gun’ll get a little paint action before I give it to her! Now, where can I find one of those pink light-sabres? muses

I’m in the SF peninsula area, and could get this shipped to my house. Will this be enough to scare off pests? Would love to keep squirrels out of my tomatoes and teach the 'coons to keep out of my backyard where i have the chickens.

A pink gun is nothing when your relatives make you dress up in a bunny suit. At least it will match.

Well, aside from being pink, it only has half the power of “regular” Gamo . This is similar to the kid’s model in power.

Then you’d just buy a regular one… they’re marketing towards those who do.

It’d be cool if it went ‘pew pew pew!’

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/funny-pictures-cat-goes-pew.jpg

If I didn’t already have a break barrel similar to this one, I’d buy it. It’s $90 on amazon, good deal. Don’t bother with scope, unless you feel like zeroing it in. (You won’t feel like doing that ever) BUY THIS.

actually gamo has a pretty poor reputation for both customer service and quality. But they do good budget guns. And no, if you shoot a BB (which is copper coated steel or zinc) it will cut into and RUIN the rifling in the barrel. plus it won’t work. A bb wouldn’t seat right in the barrel.

I was thinking of getting this for my mother-in-law to shoot rabbits in her backyard (usually about 100 ft. away). Are you saying this won’t work?

Might have to pick one up, just bought my 7 year old a pink Cricket 22lr this morning and thinking this would be a great intro into that.

No, will not shoot BBs! Don’t try it! And yes, scope is removable.

I really want me one to try on the gophers that taunt me from their holes in my yard. Seriously… Some of us in the forbidden zips have enough land that it makes sense to have one or 3. Unfortunately the lovely Santa Cruz government doesn’t see it that way. Bucket o’ crap on their head!

My husband got me one of these for Mother’s Day. It’s a lovely gun with no recoil, although I don’t like guns.

The rifle shoots pellets only. I bought “2 NRA specials” a couple years ago. I used it for tournaments but it isn’t exceptionally accurate. It is still a good value for the money though.

I don’t know what you mean by “scare off pests”, but if you want to eliminate them, you would need to shoot them with it, or get close enough to bash them with the stock. If you want to shoot them, with good hunting pellets you could control squirrels with it from close range, but it is not enough gun to humanely kill a raccoon. Unless you are lucky or an extremely good shot, shooting a raccoon with it would most likely leave a wound that may eventually lead to death, but it would be a long and cruel process.

Gamo makes decent air rifles, they cover the entire middle ground of the market. For the money, they are just fine, and this is a good deal for what it is. Which is a nice little rifle to teach a new shooter the basics of marksmanship and gun handling. It would be fun for target shooting and plinking(informal target shooting, like at coke cans or Necco candies or whatever you have around). It is a distinct step up from the likes of a Daisy Red Ryder, but no better than most of the middle range air rifles you can get at Wal-Mart these days.