Garmin Forerunner 50 Sport Watch with Foot Pod

The footpod talks to the watch wirelessly…the watch talks to the computer via the ANT stick.

I own the Forerunner 305 and even though it is pricey, it does it all…foot pod not included. The Forerunner has the GPS and works very well.

I workout 45-60 minutes five days a week keeping my Heart Rate at 70% of my MAX.

Some nerds actually exercise. :slight_smile:

I don’t need a HRM on my watch. I check my pulse for six seconds then multiply by 10. I use gmaps to plan my routes so the distance part on this watch, while intriguing is fairly useless to me.

Having the right kind of heart rate monitor can be a fantastic aid to exercising the right way. I have a Polar F11, which creates a workout plan based on your condition and goals, and helps you get the right amount and intensity of exercise each week (not too little, not too much). It also motivates you by showing your progress 4 different ways, and it wirelessly links to your pc to upload data and download software/settings. All in all, I’ve found it’s a really useful tool to have.

–IDBUG the couch potato. :slight_smile:

I want it to sync with the GPS… is this really possible?

same Garmin as the Map Monster?

This may be the only Garmin electronic product made that is not a GPS. For outdoor running, you could save your money for the 205/305. These are real GPS units that you can download into your Garmin Cityselect program–and see your running routes, pace, etc. in context.

This is more like the Nike/Ipod system.

Overall for $55, this is a decent substitute for a regular workout multi-lap stopwatch with slightly more functionality.

this one isn’t gps enabled. their upscale units are. there is a link, somewhere above, to the site where you can find that info if you want

one more christmas gift down! whoo-hoo-woot!

That’s a bummer. I would have hoped it could for 50 bucks. hmm I’ll have to invest the link

Well, if you think about it, who’s most prone to wanting all the statistics? Geeks. And geeks are getting more healthy all the time. It starts off innocently enough…

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/all-monitors.html

This is a good price for what it is, and the link above has replacement straps and bunches of other heart rate monitors.

You’re primarily paying for the USB connectivity here, GPS is a bunch more money, and not as useful for machine workouts as the step counter.

I’ll probably go with this one.

You monitor your heart rate for a lot of workouts. Usually the workout will tell you to get to a certain amount of BPM for an extended period of time, then run a cool-down section while you wait for your heart rate to get down. If your heart rate is too high you’ll end up improving less.
For distance, it’s a good way to see how much you have improved. If you go out for 25 minutes each day and just keep track of the distance covered, you’ll really be able to see your improvements.

Yeah, It’ll tell you how full your cauldron is getting. When you no longer feel any pain, you have broken through the wall of the cauldron. If you run fast enough, the wind will keep you cool.

No heart rate monitor makes this nothing more than a high tech pedometer.

I want to ride my Bicycle, Bicycle!

for those who don’t understand - go to the website mentioned in the desription.

ROFL, I try to never miss 4:20 :wink:

Is the HTTPS server at the main Woot site messed up? I get a page load error when trying to access the “your account” link, or while trying to log out of my account (wanted to see if my wife’s account (Kogaku) was messed up too).

I can access it on sellout and wine, but not on main Woot. Is anyone else having these problems?

Remember, this is the forerunner 50 WITH foot pod, Which retails for around 200$. w/o footpod it goes for 100$